Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash?
Jayboeman Offline
Bread Scientist

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
RE: Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash?
I don't think they'll be another crash, as such. Gaming is as mainstream as it gets now. I guess it's fair to state: It's part of our culture. Leading up to the the initial crash, it had more companies competing with each other. Compare it with today's market, you've only got three.

However, I believe - and many will likely disagree - that Nintendo is going the same direction Sega went. As much as I love Nintendo, in 10 years time they'll be solely a games developer, if that.

I certainly don't understand the reasoning in releasing a 3DS XL so close to the original's release date. It is not going to save the failing console. I know it's still the most dominant handheld, I'm just comparing it with previous DS sales. I like the 3DS, I own one. I do feel though they should focus on releasing quality and original games for it, instead of ports, expected continuations and revised consoles.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 10:14 AM by Jayboeman.)
07-01-2012 09:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the only one who thinks there will be another Gaming Crash? - Jayboeman - 07-01-2012 09:54 AM