MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occured. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Reviews. Do you trust them?
Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mass Distraction Offline

Given 109 thank(s) in 86 post(s)
So, to what extent do you trust reviews and is there a certain place you feel is more reliable than the other? Do you let the reviews affect your opinion on the game and whether you buy it or do you just rust your instincts and see for yourself?

The only source I really trust anymore is a Finnish gaming magazine called Pelaaja (Gamer) as it seems I'm usually pretty much on level with their reviews. I used to really like this game review show called Tilt but when the staff changed and they said things like Rayman Origins and Sonic Generations being complete rubbish, Rayman because it was too hard and Sonic because it was too much the same old, I just stopped watching it. Reasons like that make me frustrated. I don't really like IGN either, the reason being... well, just look at their Double Dragon Neon review. They made a person who absolutely hates beat-em-ups review a beat-em-up. Sense, this makes. That one has even been used as an example on how not to write a review.

In the end, though, I still prefer to just try the gem out myself instead of relying on what other people say about them. RE6 got bad reviews but I enjoyed the game a whole lot.

You know, I could've added a poll but that would've been the easy way out. Out of what? I dunno, I live in a box, shut up.
02-08-2013 02:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Reviews. Do you trust them? - Mass Distraction - 02-08-2013 02:36 AM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - Xannidel - 02-08-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - Xannidel - 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - Arjahn - 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - gsninja - 02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - Sirion - 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Reviews. Do you trust them? - Berry - 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM