Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you hate that Devs do.
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Things you hate that Devs do.
The problem with Fire Emblem (I think Retro and I live in the same country(correct me on that)) is that it's European so they have localise it in multiple languages. Skyward Swords manual comes in 12 frikkin' languages! Honestly I don't mind that it's delayed and already in English in another part of the world, because it's understandable with the languages that Nintendo have to convert it to. But my biggest gripe with this bullshi- however is when Nintendo purposefully region lock the 3DS handheld to stop people like us importing the English(NA) version. Then I'm pissed. We could import it if it was on the old DS handhelds but region locking is bullshit!

This also goes for the massive wanker who thought it'd be a great idea to region lock Persona 4: Arena. The only PS3 game ever to be region locked. You officially killed P4:A before it even came out in Europe. Region Locking in general...I just hate that. They make it seem like piracy or that it's bad. I modded my Wii to be region-free

(02-06-2013 07:27 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  That paragraph
It wouldn't surprise me if they "forgot". And by "forgot" I mean, "didn't want to acknowledge a series in which the creator 'Keiji Inafune' left Capcom due to the way the company operates"
Capcom were fortunate enough to have Street Fighter and Megaman 25th anniversaries in the same year so they spent 2012 on Street Fighter. Then in the last month or so, crammed in Megaman.

(02-06-2013 10:00 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:  Dat paragraph, yo
I bought FortressCraft too. Never knew that but it sounds like shady schemes.

This is more a Developer/Publisher thing. But everything that scams legitamte gamers:
Online passes, Season passes, Day-1 DLC, disk locked content, pre-order bonuses, Multiplayer XP bonuses for buying crap like Mountain Dew etc.

This one goes out to Nintendo. Developers who charge way to effing much for their games to the point they're just taking the piss. This is especially a problem with Nintendo and their download games.
If I don't have the physical copy, then I expect the games to be MUCH cheaper than retailers.
But instead they charge £50 for WiiU game and £40 for a 3DS game. Despite the fact that WiiU games are still around £38 and 3DS games are £28ish. Why would you want to be £10 more to play a game without having the physical disc and everything else AND not having the ability to trade it in for something else? Stupid...
02-06-2013 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Things you hate that Devs do. - retrolinkx - 02-06-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: Things you hate that Devs do. - Berry - 02-06-2013, 07:47 AM
RE: Things you hate that Devs do. - Arjahn - 02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
RE: Things you hate that Devs do. - BumblebeeCody - 02-06-2013 10:51 PM