Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations?
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
RE: Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations?
Well it all depends on what your preferences are, I personally think Angel Beats, Darker Than Black, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood are amazing, and are my top three. I'll give a summary of what to expect from each one so you kinda know what you're going into if you decide to watch any of them.

Angel Beats: Great drama/comedy/action that I gotta admit at first kinda seems like a dumb anime but a few episodes in the story gets pretty deep and it just really sucked me in, and since it's 12 half hour episodes long I was able to watch it all in one day, kinda like an extra long movie. Warning though, this anime's story can get very depressing. One more thing if you're felling up to it, I suggest you watch this one in English sub, not dub, because some of the jokes are lost, like one of the characters always speaks English in the original Japanese audio, and his dialogue consist of random phrases, and I found it to be hilarious. This joke however is somewhat lost in the English dub because he still speaks English.

Darker Than Black: Action/thriller anime with a story that is mysterious in a way as it never reveals to much about the story at one time, tends to leave you in suspense for the duration of the episodes, which are usually in two parts making it two separate half hour episodes to finish one.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: Action/thriller anime that has some of the best backstory I've seen, and usually leaves you guessing as to what's really going on in the main story.

Also about the animes you have tried watching, I personally don't like Naruto because it just drags on and on and on, and is kinda like DBZ in that manner, if you want a good fight scene it's great, but it feels stale and lacking in the story department, same for most of Bleach, the first couple seasons were amazing but then it just started to suck, in my own opinion.
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 02:48 PM by cingchris.)
01-15-2013 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to get into Anime, any reccomendations? - cingchris - 01-15-2013 02:40 PM