Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DYK!? This music was put in 2 games?
Psychospacecow Offline
Ruler of the Roma Tomato

Given 86 thank(s) in 65 post(s)
RE: DYK!? This music was put in 2 games?
(01-17-2013 01:24 AM)JonathanPonikvar Wrote:  I feel the same way about the Chrono franchise.

Chrono Trigger was incredible, one of the most well-written and intricate SNES RPG's, let alone of all time. Every character in the game had depth and emotion, and the ability to beat the game over a dozen different ways, even within the first ten minutes of gameplay (with New Game+) was amazing.

Chrono Cross was a dismal failure of a game. A completely abstract and arbitrary plot, like 40 recruitable characters that are all one-dimensional and lack any development beyond just taking up space on your roster, a broken fighting system without true leveling, and no real connections to the original game until the final arc of the game -- and even THEN the connections are loose at best, with the entire game being nothing more than a giant sidequest to tie up one loose end from Trigger.

Oh, and Cross had no time travel. NO TIME TRAVEL. IN A CHRONO GAME. It has freaking CHRONO in the name. I mean, come ON. It had interdimensional travel instead; not the same thing. You can't take Sliders and call it Back to the Future.

I still hold out hope that someone, somewhere, will someday take over at Square-Enix who has a proper appreciation for the potential of a true Chrono sequel and give it the treatment it deserves. It could have been one of the greatest franchises of all time... instead, it's a glorious original with a broken sequel that killed it off entirely.

[/Chrono rant]

And I agree -- Alundra was awesome and still one of my favorite PSX games. Alundra 2, not so much. Same deal.
I actually really liked Chrono Cross. ):
01-23-2013 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DYK!? This music was put in 2 games? - Psychospacecow - 01-23-2013 01:43 PM