Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our groups anime opinion extrodinaire!
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Our groups anime opinion extrodinaire!
Dragonball Z is complete nonsensical bullshit but that's what I love about it. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. A few episodes building up the insane fighting that we all want.

I connected to Dragonball instantly because I loved the sense of adventure. Goku not being a super powered being had to go through his journey with a level of challenge. It introduced the characters like Yamcha who is a strong warrior in the series but it then left pointless in DBZ.

As for GT I honestly don't mind it. The story had to progress and it did. The characters died/moved on and the legacy was left. It was nice to see what the Z Warriors left on the planet but also to see Trunks (future) in his true time and then reference why he went back to DBZ from an alternate DB GT. I love Dragonball but wouldn't call it the greatest anime ever but it's hard to find many faults with it (there are some but not as obvious as something like Naruto).

I do no watch anime anymore though. I'm always on the look out for something interesting but animes nowadays had a ...creepy fanbase that I don't want to associate myself with or just have no sense of making a decent series. Random animes (mainstream or not) I found that are good would be:
The Big O
Outlaw Star
Onepiece (though I haven't watched it in years but I love journey cartoons)
Afro Samurai
Cowboy Bebop
Anything by Studio Ghibli (stories, incredible art and animation. Traditional Japanese art with no over top bullshit with bluehair spikey a-holes)
Cardcaptors (nothing really special but was enjoyable though I was 10 when I watched it)
Digimon
Pokemon (The series stays strong to Pokemon, follows the stories and is generally a still solid series)
Beyblade
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2012 02:36 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
11-10-2012 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: Hexadecimal , Zaliphone

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our groups anime opinion extrodinaire! - BumblebeeCody - 11-10-2012 09:14 AM