Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Poll: Graphics VS Gameplay VS Story
Graphics
Story
Gameplay
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story
Snake3324 Offline

Given 7 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
RE: Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story
If a a type of game (Let's say FPS) can have really good story, even though the genre is stereotyped for just running around, gun in hand, holding down the R1, I'll be interested. The best example of this would be the Bioshock series and Dishonored. Wow. Both of them were great, and hell even for FPS, Dishonored was fucking amazing (I guess it could be argued that Dishonored IS a FPS.)

While story DOES help me make a decision, if I'm really enjoying the game I don't seem to mind.

Let's use Kingdom Hearts as an example. I remember I was in the middle of the Oogie Boogie fight in KH2 when my friend came over. I will say, it was pretty fun boss. Switching from conveyer belts to other conveyer belts, why Oogie does attacks depending on what numbers he rolls, then allowing you to attack the dice and try and change the attack. Yea, it was really fun.

Then the after cut scene. HEARTS DARKNESS HEARTS HEARTS DARKNESS LIGHT HEARTLESS NOBODIES *SURPRISE ORG XIII MEMBER* DARK, DARKER, DARKEST....

Yea...

I could probably do one for graphics (I am a sucker for chel shade games like Sly Cooper, and Okami Which could be argued as cel shade)) such as how the Journey demo REALLY wants me to buy the game. Yes the gameplay is fucking awesome, and that's the huge reason, but hnnnnng the sand it's soooooo well done. Not to mention the environment is just amazing.

That's all I got so far on this subject.
11-08-2012 01:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story - Artwark - 11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story - Berry - 11-07-2012, 06:15 AM
RE: Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story - Snake3324 - 11-08-2012 01:04 AM
RE: Graphics vs Gameplay vs Story - Skarro - 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM