Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Explaining modern Pokémon games
Symphony Offline
I lack imagination

Given 17 thank(s) in 15 post(s)
RE: Explaining modern Pokémon games
(11-02-2012 10:58 PM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 10:29 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  It gives a much higher level of respect though. It's not just a kiddies game but a game about seriously strategical thinking.

Yea, but that level of meticulous thinking on the player's part is not really needed to enjoy the game, which is probably why some people, myself included, don't bother at all with all this EV/IV crap. It's something extra that you don't really need to use to play the game, and personally, I don't see it as something to show respect towards. If you do it, good on you, but I'm not gonna give you more respect just for spending more time fighting certain mons.

Once again that's true if you're not interested in the metagame or you just play with your friends. However, not caring about EVs and natures (screw IVs) competitively means you're going to have a huge (and I really mean huge) disadvantage over someone who cares. 50 points into a stat might not make any difference 'offline' or with friends, but hell you'll be needing them on the meta.
11-03-2012 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explaining modern Pokémon games - Kai - 10-29-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: Explaining modern Pokémon games - Symphony - 11-03-2012 12:16 AM