Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
retrolinkx Offline
The Rookie.

Given 180 thank(s) in 157 post(s)
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
Games can be original, the only problem is that people don't want a different style of Gameplay.

Shemnue tried this, but it didn't take off, no other game is similar to this which is unfortunate, but the way it played and how it is, was just original, imagine a game like this again, it would be awesome.

Originality is hard to come across due to the fact that people don't want to see something different, your best bet of having a good start in the industry is with a Zombie game, everyone knows it and would accept it, ZombiU and The Last of Us shows this, both look good but are reusing this formula, and even though they look original, they really aren't that original in terms of gameplay.

The last fully original game I could think of is Portal, Assassin's Creed and possible Bioshock, I can't really think of anything else. (Sleeping Dogs, and Watchdogs look original though).

Still, as time goes on, people move on into the industry and give their own ideas into the mix, with smarter people you could get great games.
08-28-2012 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me. - retrolinkx - 08-28-2012 06:50 AM