Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me.
I've never understood this "lack of originality" with games. It's not easy coming up with original ideas anymore without them being compared to.
Remember Me, all the wanker comments are like: "A mix of Deus Ex, Assassins Creed and [insert other random game here]"

I honestly don't see what's wrong with the first video either of the game called Arctic Combat. It looks like Call of Duty and (seems) to operate exactly the same, with some different maps and a different GUI. If it functions and gives the players what they want (regardless whether you think it's a rip-off or not) then what's the issue? The (supposed) TF2 knock off looks like TF2 sure, but why is bad exactly? Battlefield Heroes can easily be claimed as a TF2 knock off, but because it's a western publisher, who cares right?

It's same with we get games like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow which feature 2(ish) bosses that are huge titans that you have to climb up in a very similar fashion and is slaughtered for being a Shadow of the Colossus rip-off. How many people play Cave Bullet Hell Shooters? Those are just different stages with different characters and themes. Heck, lets take in the amount of Minecraft clones we have today? The best selling Indie title is a Minecraft clone.

All I get from the reading the comments is that gamers today are dickheads who don't want "their sacred franchise" touched on.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012 04:33 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
08-28-2012 04:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Asia's (lack of) originality amuses me. - BumblebeeCody - 08-28-2012 04:31 AM