Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Who else reads visual novels?
cingchris Offline

Given 105 thank(s) in 94 post(s)
RE: Who else reads visual novels?
Just to give my opinion on Little Busters! before you buy it just so you don't regret buying it if you do since it appears you dislike Clannad, (they are both made by Key which tends to make stereo typical ones) it't very comical and has a comedic feel to it when you first start it and doesn't have that "OMG WE'RE IN LOVE!!!" feel at all until you enter a specific character's route and even then it's subtle for the most part it never seems to smother you in it but if you truly dislike a story like Clannad I don't recommend it, while it mainly focuses around the problems each character has and how you help that character to overcome it, it is ultimately a love story, if you don't want that don't read it.

Now Fate/stay night is not stereo typical at all and is actually what i would call very actiony and only has the romances in the story as more of a side plot that supports the main story.

(08-13-2012 01:06 PM)Sirion Wrote:  Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk. Can they be labeled as visual novels? I'd classify them only as adventures. I mean, I'm no expert about visual novels, but those games are closer from, like, Lucasarts' adventures then traditional do-nothing-but-dialogue-trees japanese visual novels, right?

Any game that is mainly text and all you do is make choices every now and then and has multiple endings can be considered a visual novel.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 01:18 PM by cingchris.)
08-13-2012 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Who else reads visual novels? - cingchris - 08-13-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: Who else reads visual novels? - Sirion - 08-13-2012, 01:06 PM
RE: Who else reads visual novels? - cingchris - 08-13-2012 01:10 PM
RE: Who else reads visual novels? - Arjahn - 08-18-2012, 07:36 AM