Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DYKG template
Zaziuma Offline
Master of the Universe

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
RE: DYKG template
(07-24-2012 02:36 PM)philliphourglass Wrote:  Take a look at anything on the cheezburger network. They made it so you can easily make your own lolcats and have the meme generator, letting people realize their visions of glorious memedom. And you know what?

It turns everything into shit.

You're talking about the cheezburger network, that's to be expected Tongue, but for serious people on this site are smarter, at least sometimes.
07-24-2012 07:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
(07-24-2012 07:45 PM)Zaziuma Wrote:  
(07-24-2012 02:36 PM)philliphourglass Wrote:  Take a look at anything on the cheezburger network. They made it so you can easily make your own lolcats and have the meme generator, letting people realize their visions of glorious memedom. And you know what?

You're talking about the cheezburger network, that's to be expected Tongue, but for serious people on this site are smarter, at least sometimes.

We're smarter.. For now. You have to keep the future in mind for these things. This site is still growing.
07-24-2012 08:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zaziuma Offline
Master of the Universe

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
(07-24-2012 08:07 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  

We're smarter.. For now. You have to keep the future in mind for these things. This site is still growing.

That's what I'm trying to help, make it grow by people posting their things on sites, and people are like hey let's check this out, it can't hurt anything, I mean when they go to the site, they see that there's professionally done facts, not shitty things like you find on cheezburger. But yeah I see where you are going at, and I don't think that me trying to convince you will help it any, so close this thread.
07-24-2012 10:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
(07-24-2012 10:33 PM)Zaziuma Wrote:  
(07-24-2012 08:07 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  

That's what I'm trying to help, make it grow by people posting their things on sites, and people are like hey let's check this out, it can't hurt anything, I mean when they go to the site, they see that there's professionally done facts, not shitty things like you find on cheezburger. But yeah I see where you are going at, and I don't think that me trying to convince you will help it any, so close this thread.

I guess the best would to make this site grow would be to post the content we already have. It's a pretty big amount of pictures. There's also some youtube movies out that people can watch, with a lot more of those coming.

I'm glad you enjoy this so much that you want see DYKG really become something. But we're looking for quality before quantity.
07-24-2012 11:09 PM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
Well now you CAN make your own fake DYKG stuff and there is even a thread to post those in, you can also do what everyone else can do and post gaming DYK facts and let them main admin know about it and your info might make it on the main page and even posted on FB (I do not have a Twitter so I have no idea how that site works, but I am assuming that the admin posts pictures on there as well.)
07-24-2012 11:14 PM
Mr.Holmes Offline
Rogue Detective

Given 31 thank(s) in 31 post(s)
I'm gonna stay neutral here, because I hate taking sides. But what I've gotten from this thread is that Zaziuma wants to have like a "meme generator" for DYKG gaming. I kinda like this idea, but I see exactly why there are disagreements with the idea. I for one think that the many facts would be questioned if the users themselves would be allowed to make up these many facts or secrets from gaming. Not that there would be any trolls drawn to it immediately, I'm just saying that that is what could happen with time. DYKG could lose it's credibility due to the fact that it is letting it's own community members post facts that some wouldn't even take the time to research. I do however, think that we could create a separate division, for user submitted facts. That way we could retain our credibility, but let the users feel like they're contributing as well. We could have someone actually be a moderator for the submitted facts in the user section, to prove whether or not they are real.
07-27-2012 06:22 AM