Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
The Official Let's Play/Livestream thread
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
RE: The Official Let's Play/Livestream thread
(07-07-2012 10:21 PM)Domfoz Wrote:  I would like to make a Minecraft Duo Survival LP ( 1.2.5). If anyone is interested, PM.

I am not the best at Minecraft but I could always be down for learning and enjoying it with someone else.
07-07-2012 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Given 230 thank(s) in 176 post(s)
I'm dumbass. ProtonJon makes LP's. He's on the list now.

Derp.
07-07-2012 11:20 PM
Xannidel Offline
Banned

Given 181 thank(s) in 155 post(s)
Yeah his Knytt Stories LP along with what Super Mario World videos he made were just amazing.
07-07-2012 11:25 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
(07-07-2012 10:21 PM)Domfoz Wrote:  I would like to make a Minecraft Duo Survival LP ( 1.2.5). If anyone is interested, PM.

Yeah I'd be in for that too
07-07-2012 11:36 PM
CFMM
Unregistered

Given thank(s) in post(s)
I guess now that I have 100 posts (so I don't seem like I'm just promoting my crap left and right) I'll toss my hat in this thread.

I guess this is a Let's Play category thing, though I do not play through an entire game. I run a variety series called "GMO2" and we do a new game every episode. The series started (and ended) in 2010, but I am in discussions to bring it back on a larger scale hopefully soon (?).

Here is episode one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX3XyMvDAE8
The appearance of the show gets a lot better from there. I am "RFSmediaproductions" on YouTube, but I'm not sure how you'd like to add me to the OP because the "second season" more than likely will not be featured on that channel. I guess if it's easier you can just add the Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/gmo2show

I promise the second season will look a lot nicer, and will also be widescreen. XD I've pulled two musical composers, a technical advisor, two animators, and a craftsman on board to make things for the series and I myself am in charge of graphic design and visuals. Last ditch effort to try and make something for myself, really, so that's the reasoning behind all the effort. First season's budget was about $500. This season I've attempted to not look at the prices of things too much and simply hope that donations from benefactors and "investors" will not make it hurt my wallet too much. Sad

If you are exceptionally curious about the history of the production, there's a page on it on the Let's Play wikia: http://letsplay.wikia.com/wiki/GMO2
07-09-2012 05:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

It's in the list now.

Good luck on season two. It sounds pretty interesting with all that work behind it. Smile
07-09-2012 08:23 PM
CFMM
Unregistered

(07-09-2012 08:23 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  It's in the list now.

Good luck on season two. It sounds pretty interesting with all that work behind it. Smile

Only thing I worry about is the cast I have, heh. But if things work out and the project makes it to 2013, and I'm able to relocate to where my friends live, then I'll have a better one. Until then, everyone gets to deal with my younger brother as co-host.
07-10-2012 05:53 AM
CFMM
Unregistered

So a friend was visiting earlier tonight and we got bored and one thing led to another and we commentated on "Secret of the Magic Crystal" (that horse game) on Steam.

This is the result of that boredom:

07-18-2012 05:13 PM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Not sure if It counts, but I do Team Fortress 2 commentaries and what not, they seem to be relatively popular;as compared to the other 98% of TF2 commentators around my level who drone on and get 13 views per video, no offense, I try to keep things more entertaining and high spirits. I'm fairly new, only at about 13k views and 100 subs (no "Sub for Sub" crap or anything, just real users who enjoy my content, also spam bots, but I like to think those are a small minority). If you want to check them out or post them on this page, that'd be great ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/user/Arjahn767

Also, CFMM, how did that Monster Truck video get so many views?! Not to say its bad or anything, but it has over a million views and less than 250 likes/dislikes total, that's a weird ass ratio.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 06:39 PM by Arjahn.)
07-18-2012 06:28 PM
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Your channel isn't really Let's Play, but your videos have quality. I'll let this one slip and get you in on the list since you're a member here. Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 06:45 PM by Nuudoru.)
07-18-2012 06:44 PM
CFMM
Unregistered

I don't know. It was a popular speedrun mostly because I optimized the design of the truck to beat every level as fast as possible. Old video too. It was uploaded way way way before there was a Like/Dislike system. I think YouTube was still using stars back then.

I used to upload speedruns of Flash games like 5 or 6 years ago. Most of them were speedruns of Miniclip.com games, which I have since delisted because Miniclip is a shitty company.
07-18-2012 08:00 PM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
(07-18-2012 06:44 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  Your channel isn't really Let's Play, but your videos have quality. I'll let this one slip and get you in on the list since you're a member here. Wink

Aw, thanks Big Grin
Also, I did technically make one episode of a terrible LP a long time ago in my channel's infancy, if it counts :/
Also, in response to Domfoz, if anybody wants to hop on skype sometime and do a collaboration of some sort then I'd be down for it, including Minecraft.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012 05:09 AM by Arjahn.)
07-19-2012 05:07 AM
Sohakmet Offline
NeedNerf

Given 17 thank(s) in 17 post(s)
You can add to the recommended Live Stream Channels the one for MaximusBlack

I don't know if people here are already aware of him, but he's pretty well known already. He is the co-founder of LAGTV on youtube which is a channel known for it's SC2 casts over non-professional games. They're also more known for their series "When cheese fails".

This channel is his streaming channel where he plays starcraft and other sorts of games.

http://www.twitch.tv/lagtvmaximusblack
07-19-2012 07:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
isthisfunyet Offline
Fun

Given 1 thank(s) in 1 post(s)
supergreatfriend is my favorite LP'er. He specializes in obscure horror games with interesting gameplay features (new and old), reviews of horrible XBLA games, and demos of various indie games that he recommends. My favorite LP of all time is his detailed playthrough of Illbleed (Dreamcast). He has a great voice, a dry sense of humor, and his knowledge of and passion for gaming really make him stand out above the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/user/supergreatfriend

On the other end of the spectrum (in regards to tone), I really get a kick out of raocow. He mostly plays Super Mario World hacks and indie games. His videos are hilarious, if you appreciate fast-paced, absurd humor and non-sequiturs...

http://www.youtube.com/user/raocow
07-21-2012 01:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nuudoru Offline
Neckbearded Admin

Whoops. Forgot to update last time I went into this thread.

Thanks for the recommendations, isthisfunyet!

I also took the time to update the list with GameGrumps which features JonTron and Egoraptor. Smile
07-22-2012 08:22 AM