Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games That Piss You Off
CosmykTheDolfyn Offline
Seigneur of Space

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
RE: Games That Piss You Off
The first Front Mission for the SNES anytime one of my units is killed in one hit. Of course, the plot twist in that game is more than worth it.

And of the Super Smash brothers games when you start an attack or are charging a smash and a bomb appears in front of you and you know you will hit it AND DIE in another second and there is nothing you can do. Or on SSBB and you play against someone who mains Bowser just for the Side B instant kill/sacrifice off the edge. GRRRRRR!!!!
02-06-2013 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lightmatt Offline
Undercover Quaggan

Given 39 thank(s) in 32 post(s)
(02-06-2013 10:21 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:10 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  Borderlands and Borderlands 2. They're just so damn repetitive, and they both follow the same formula.
TALK TO GUY
GET QUEST TO GO TO AREA WITH BAD GUYS
APPROACH AREA WITH BAD GUYS
HAVE SHOOTOUT WITH BAD GUYS
PICK UP BAD GUYS' STUFF
REPEAT TWELVE TIMES
Either fight a boss, find an item, activate a switch or a combination.
GO BACK TO GUY
GET REWARD
RINSE AND REPEAT FOR 20 HOURS.

I want to like the games, and admittedly some of the boss fights are legitimately entertaining, but it's just so damn repetitive.
I think I brought this up in the overrated games thread, oh well.
Its an FPS in role play form. Its just like fallout minus big choices because its meant to be played multiplayer with friends. You try having a dynamically changing world multiplayer style where profiles sync together without serious issues.

Yeah but Borderlands had this problem, and Borderlands 2 had the perfect chance to change it up enough to make questing less tedious. Take for example Saints Row the Third, Story missions were mostly accessed through your cell phone allowing you to take on story/sub-story missions at your own pace. While not doing missions you had lots of other stuff to do with your co-op buddy. While Borderlands had lots of enemies spread throughout its world there wasn't much you could do in terms of killing them. In Saints Row you had a number of methods, devices, etc. to dispose of people, gangsters, brutes, ground vehicles, and air crafts just to name a few.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 10:58 AM by Lightmatt.)
02-06-2013 10:57 AM
 Thanks given by: Arjahn
Psychospacecow Offline
Ruler of the Roma Tomato

Given 86 thank(s) in 65 post(s)
(02-06-2013 10:57 AM)Lightmatt Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:21 AM)Psychospacecow Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 10:10 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  Borderlands and Borderlands 2. They're just so damn repetitive, and they both follow the same formula.
TALK TO GUY
PICK UP BAD GUYS' STUFF
REPEAT TWELVE TIMES
GO BACK TO GUY
GET REWARD

I want to like the games, and admittedly some of the boss fights are legitimately entertaining, but it's just so damn repetitive.
Its an FPS in role play form. Its just like fallout minus big choices because its meant to be played multiplayer with friends. You try having a dynamically changing world multiplayer style where profiles sync together without serious issues.

Yeah but Borderlands had this problem, and Borderlands 2 had the perfect chance to change it up enough to make questing less tedious. Take for example Saints Row the Third, Story missions were mostly accessed through your cell phone allowing you to take on story/sub-story missions at your own pace. While not doing missions you had lots of other stuff to do with your co-op buddy. While Borderlands had lots of enemies spread throughout its world there wasn't much you could do in terms of killing them. In Saints Row you had a number of methods, devices, etc. to dispose of people, gangsters, brutes, ground vehicles, and air crafts just to name a few.
That is very different by essence from Borderlands. It was modeled after Diablo in FPS form with a greater emphasis on loot, like Diablo 3 currently has ( though less extreme than new diablo ) and there were quite a few types of weapons and variety within them. Now, if we're talking about Saints Row, a few false-logic upgrade guns, cars, planes, etc. sounds nice, but that's an open world game where miracles happen if no ICBM drops by the end of the day., not a fps equivalent of a dungeon crawler.

They're not games you can really compare fairly.
02-06-2013 12:05 PM
Lightmatt Offline
Undercover Quaggan

Given 39 thank(s) in 32 post(s)
(02-06-2013 12:05 PM)Psychospacecow Wrote:  They're not games you can really compare fairly.

I wouldn't be so sure, but I need to really research these subjects more to better form my rebuttal.
02-06-2013 12:38 PM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
TALK TO GUY
PICK UP BAD GUYS' STUFF
REPEAT TWELVE TIMES
GO BACK TO GUY
GET REWARD

THIS. This this this so much.

I started playing Borderlands 1 a few months back thinking "hell yeah, everyone always has gamegasms about this game". It was really fun for a while, then I started realising that every mission was exactly the same, every enemy was just copy pasted everywhere, and after my 7000th fetch-quest I just thought "screw it, I'm done". It pissed me off because the gameplay was so fun and it got ruined by the paper-thin story line and terrible repetitive missions.
02-06-2013 10:11 PM
 Thanks given by: Lightmatt
iKMoX Offline
나는 한국어가 아니야

Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s)
Dark Souls, nuff said ..
03-24-2013 11:40 AM