Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fighting Games
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Given 339 thank(s) in 266 post(s)
RE: Fighting Games
(11-28-2012 10:31 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  
(11-28-2012 07:37 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  It turned out this guy was like 4th place in some tournament they had, and I just beat him.

Dude, that's pretty awesome Big Grin

I'm actually pretty equal at SF4 with a friend of mine who came in second in Finland's biggest tournament back when the game was released. The difference is that I play these games all the time and he doesn't even own a single fighter. So to say, my practice and his rusting is only keeping us tied Tongue

Ah ha. The difference though is SF4 is easy to play. Depends on what game your friend played at the tournament. Being good at SF3 is different to be being good at SF4.
11-28-2012 11:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mass Distraction Offline

Given 109 thank(s) in 86 post(s)
It was the first release of SF4 back when that thing was new.

I don't really care about being pro at anything anyway. If it's fun I'm happy.
11-28-2012 11:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

(11-28-2012 11:39 PM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  It was the first release of SF4 back when that thing was new.

I don't really care about being pro at anything anyway. If it's fun I'm happy.

Ah ok ha! That's cool, nice! Fighting Games take time to develop. Nice to a Finnish player too.

I guess it's related to the topic so.
Some of my combos:
UMvC3 (I love making combos and watching it on stream but I think the game is pretty bad (MvC2 was MUCH better)) I have a kagillion MvC combos on my channel but this was my latest one
KoFXIII
SSFIV
Tekken 6
TekkenTT2
So many combo videos from other games as well but those are just a few to show off.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2012 11:33 PM by BumblebeeCody.)
11-29-2012 12:27 AM
Skarro Offline
I AM HOLLYWOOD

Given 59 thank(s) in 46 post(s)
Super Smash Bros. Series and Marvel VS Capcom Series
11-29-2012 01:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Well. I just got Playstation battle All-stars if anyone is up for some games. Big Grin
Oh man!
12-09-2012 10:21 AM
Mass Distraction Offline

Thought I'd throw this in here. Trust me, it's awesome.

12-19-2012 01:02 AM
 Thanks given by: BumblebeeCody
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
(12-19-2012 01:02 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  Thought I'd throw this in here. Trust me, it's awesome.

HE NEVER CLOSES HIS MOUTH
12-19-2012 01:06 AM
Mass Distraction Offline

(12-19-2012 01:06 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(12-19-2012 01:02 AM)Mass Distraction Wrote:  Thought I'd throw this in here. Trust me, it's awesome.

HE NEVER CLOSES HIS MOUTH

Don't cats eat bugs anyway?
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 01:15 AM by Mass Distraction.)
12-19-2012 01:14 AM
GOLD89 Offline

Given 3 thank(s) in 3 post(s)
Not a big fighting game fan, though i like final fight, eternal champions, streets of rage, street combat, and the tmnt arcade game back in the 90s.

I played a little of tekken and sf, got bored.... And i tried doa but only for the bewbs lol.
12-19-2012 03:59 PM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

Ah King. I used to main King 2 in Tekken 2...still remember all of the techniques(and new updates) with him up to Tag 2.
R.I.P King 2 T____T

25th Anniversary Grand Finals between Daigo and Infiltration WAS HYPE!

Awesome UMvC3 match from NEC13. Equal playing that could've gone either way.

Some of the best moments from 2011 to 2012 UMvC3

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012 12:02 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
12-19-2012 11:57 PM
Liamlikesmusic Offline

I love fighting games but I don't play them as much as I used to. I used to play Sf 2, Marvel vs Capcom and all that jazz in the arcades as a kid but I never got one for consoles until this generation as I didn't have friends to play local multiplayer with. (I mean, I did have friends, they just didn't care about fighting games XD)

When Street Fighter IV came out I was delighted. I still think it's one of the best fighters I've ever played. Then I played Marvel vs Capcom and SFXTekken and I didn't like them at all so I tried Kof XII which I hated too and finally found something nice with Blaz Blue and KoF XIII.

Nowadays I mostly play Playstation All Stars and Tekken Tag Tournament II while I anxiously await Persona 4 arena to be released in my country Smile
12-21-2012 05:45 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

(12-21-2012 05:45 AM)Liamlikesmusic Wrote:  I love fighting games but I don't play them as much as I used to. I used to play Sf 2, Marvel vs Capcom and all that jazz in the arcades as a kid but I never got one for consoles until this generation as I didn't have friends to play local multiplayer with. (I mean, I did have friends, they just didn't care about fighting games XD)

When Street Fighter IV came out I was delighted. I still think it's one of the best fighters I've ever played. Then I played Marvel vs Capcom and SFXTekken and I didn't like them at all so I tried Kof XII which I hated too and finally found something nice with Blaz Blue and KoF XIII.

Nowadays I mostly play Playstation All Stars and Tekken Tag Tournament II while I anxiously await Persona 4 arena to be released in my country Smile

Oh man who SFxT is such a poor game though so meh. Hardly anyone likes it and those that do are only doing it for money or they see something in that game that other people don't. MvC3 is pretty BS. I'm deeply into comics and games. So Dante vs Deadpool is a nerds dream, shame it ended up being a spectator sport. Not to mention it craps on MvC 1 and 2 players by being so different. X-factor BS all day. Still, I enjoy making combos on it and watching it but playing it competitively.

I'll take a guess and say you're in Europe then since P4:A hasn't been released. They were supposed to release P4:A in August and kept on pushing it back. It's honestly a dead game at launch in Europe. They really effed up their game at having shot. Releasing it in August would be a good start to get it going. Tekken Tag 2 came out which is, for me, the best game of the year, but at least P4:A would've had it's attention, delaying it now is dumb now that DoA and Sony all-stars is out. Zen United are effin' morons!

You enjoying Sony-all stars?
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 05:56 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
12-21-2012 05:56 AM
Liamlikesmusic Offline

Yeah! I was very surprised at PS All Stars because I honestly though it would be a mediocre game. It's at least a thousand times worse than Smash Bros and the roster doesn't make me care much since most characters have one game that was kinda cool maybe instead of spawning from these great game series like in SSB. Still, I like how it manages to be different and it's a pretty fun party game. If only Kratos wasn't so overused, online would be really nice. It's a bit like Ken when SF IV released XD.

And yeah, my reasons for wanting P4 Arena aren't so much for playing the game online as for playing the story. I just recently finished Persona 4 on the ps2 and I need my next fix hehe.
12-21-2012 06:02 AM
Arjahn Offline
Lv. 99 Chicken

Given 206 thank(s) in 165 post(s)
Has anyone tried Pokemon Type Wild? It's a fan man fighting game with pokemanz, and it's a legitimate fighting game that works really well.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 07:51 AM by Arjahn.)
12-21-2012 07:51 AM
BumblebeeCody Offline
Super Moderator

(12-21-2012 06:02 AM)Liamlikesmusic Wrote:  Yeah! I was very surprised at PS All Stars because I honestly though it would be a mediocre game. It's at least a thousand times worse than Smash Bros and the roster doesn't make me care much since most characters have one game that was kinda cool maybe instead of spawning from these great game series like in SSB. Still, I like how it manages to be different and it's a pretty fun party game. If only Kratos wasn't so overused, online would be really nice. It's a bit like Ken when SF IV released XD.

And yeah, my reasons for wanting P4 Arena aren't so much for playing the game online as for playing the story. I just recently finished Persona 4 on the ps2 and I need my next fix hehe.

Worse than Smash Bros? Dude, Sony all-stars is easily a good competitive fighting game. Masahiro Sakurai has a really crappy attitude about competitive Smash Bros and specifically states he doesn't want it to be competitive. That doesn't stop constant Smash Bros tournaments, tiers, frame and animation data from coming out. Heck, Metaknight was banned earlier this year since he's considered broken.

Sony all-stars took the formula of Smash Bros (which wasn't even Nintendos idea in the first place) and made it competitive. The gave characters combos, strategies, tactics, nerfs, buffs etc etc. This game has just had it's update that you can find here. There are members of the Fighting Game Community like Seth Killian and BT Clockwork who has high level players working on this game. So you will be seeing PSB-A: Version 2013. This is a million times better than than Smash Bros due to the gameplay mechanics and Super Bot wanting the game to be for tournaments. They also made it so you can use your fight stick. If you consider yourself to be crap at fighting games today like SF or Tekken, you will, without a doubt, get bodied by the FGC online(I've already had 3 rage mails....wasn't my account though HAAAAAAAAAAA).

@Arjahn
Must resist downloading....but I want to try it. It thought meh, but the video shows it's not a clunky mess. Hmmm...
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 09:34 AM by BumblebeeCody.)
12-21-2012 09:33 AM