Hello There, Guest!  LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD TV Flat Screen? Random Question
Chiappini92 Offline
Spyro's #1 Fan Please

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Bug SD TV Flat Screen? Random Question
I collect N64 games and I'm tryna modify my Dreamcast to be able to obtain a large library of games as well. When I got my HD television the first thing I did was boot up Gex on the N64, however much to my surprise the picture was distorted and stretched out. Someone later told me at Best Buy that HD TV's suck at playing older console games as well as Wii games. Thankfully I have a HUGE Panasonic in my living room that almost broke down but all I had to do was replace the power circuit, the one it came with only lasted 5 years, I put in one that would last 15 and I have 2 more so yeah that aint going anywhere anytime soon. Anyways I was hoping to be able to play Brawl and other Wii games in my room as well as other N64, PS2, and Dreamcast games. I already gave away my old SD TV but I'm wondering if theres any made that are flat screen, preferably small and cheap. I understand commercially this was never possible, but neither was a portable N64 and someone managed to make that. So does anyone know where I can buy one/make one?
08-31-2012 05:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
RE: SD TV Flat Screen? Random Question
Try and find a TV with an old-school (but still widely used) aerial-in. That's what I use for my retro gaming Smile
08-31-2012 06:24 AM
Chiappini92 Offline
Spyro's #1 Fan Please

Given 8 thank(s) in 6 post(s)
Huh? You mean an antenna? I mean like how would that be able to help me out with a flat screen? I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean.
08-31-2012 02:39 PM
SERIOUSLY THOUGH Offline
Solo Diver

Given 689 thank(s) in 484 post(s)
Well. If you plug in your N64 with the Red/White/Yellow cables, the TV may think "wtf this isn't a normal signal" and make it crazy.
If you plug it into your TV using the aerial input (see image below), it'll think "awwww yeah, an old connection, gonna make this look sexy"

[Image: DTV-Connect-Step-1.JPG]
08-31-2012 04:28 PM