Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Singing when nobody's listening. - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Creative Discussion (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Singing when nobody's listening. (/thread-908.html)

Pages: 1 2

Singing when nobody's listening. - Beardy - 07-30-2012 10:40 AM

I don't do karaoke because I can't sing for toffee. I do, however, sing at the top of my lungs when I'm alone.

My shower songs are usually the Tex Ritter theme to High Noon, anything by Frankie Laine, a few Doors songs or House of the Rising Sun as sung by The Animals. Sometimes I go for Frankie's Gun by the Felice Brothers.

What do youse guys enjoy singing along to? Not necessarily your favourite songs, but the ones that are fun to sing.

(I probably should've put this in general discussion, really, but I'm hoping for some heartfelt Youtubes of members belting out songs)

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Zaliphone - 07-30-2012 11:36 AM

In all honesty, whenever I'm alone I'm always paranoid that someone, somewhere, somehow is listening to me. So I rarely sing songs, I'm bad though, so maybe not singing is a good thing.
But if I do for some reason sing, I will probably end up singing something like Bohemian Rhapsody, Sympathy for the Devil, anything Nirvana or Metallica, some Rolling Stones and other older rock bands.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - BumblebeeCody - 07-30-2012 08:58 PM

(07-30-2012 11:36 AM)Zaliphone Wrote:  In all honesty, whenever I'm alone I'm always paranoid that someone, somewhere, somehow is listening to me. So I rarely sing songs, I'm bad though, so maybe not singing is a good thing.
But if I do for some reason sing, I will probably end up singing something like Bohemian Rhapsody, Sympathy for the Devil, anything Nirvana or Metallica, some Rolling Stones and other older rock bands.

Haha while on Minecraft a few days ago, about 5 of us were singing Bohemian Rhapsody ha. Good times.
I used to sing to songs but grew out it.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Sohakmet - 07-31-2012 02:18 AM

I sound great when I'm singing... of course that is when there's no one else listening to me

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-31-2012 06:00 AM

I tend to bust out some sweet-ass moves when I think I'm not being watched.
Hells yeah my dancing moves

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Arjahn - 07-31-2012 06:20 AM

I think there's a monster under my bed, so I sing Don't Stop Believing really horribly and loudly every night while masturbating and then whisper "This is for you" as creepily as possible. I'm not dead yet, which means that it's working.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - CFMM - 07-31-2012 06:40 AM

I sing often, no matter the setting. I enjoy it, I am decent at it (I have normalish baritone and a grungy Nirvana-esque voices). Lips and Rock Band's vocals are a couple of my favorite things, and if I KNOW the song then I can pretty much mop the floor with it. Even though the words are provided if I've never heard it, or I'm unfamiliar with it, then I'll probably lose.

I also sing along when the Sirius XM 90's on 9 station plays something I know. Tongue

Once upon a time, before people found out how to cheat at Lips, I used to have the #5 worldwide score for "Ice Ice Baby". Probably not the BEST thing to brag about, but hey #5. I've always been decent at rap for some reason. On one of the later Lips games I achieved a "Diamond" score (Tin, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond) for "Karma Chameleon". I don't know what my rank was, but you only get Diamond awards for being within the top 1% of scores for a song.

Formerly I lent my voice to a variety of independent musical acts. I was one half of the vocals in The Wink Martindale 3000, and the lead vocals for Pretty In Purple and Mediterranean Hotel. Presently, I do vocals for another local act, and we are recording soon-ish, so hopefully I'll have something to share.

(07-31-2012 06:20 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  I think there's a monster under my bed, so I sing Don't Stop Believing really horribly and loudly every night while masturbating and then whisper "This is for you" as creepily as possible. I'm not dead yet, which means that it's working.

This is probably the worst thing I've ever read, and I was formerly a part of a fanfiction slash/lemon troupe over a decade ago.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Sirion - 08-01-2012 07:39 AM

Recently I realised how rarely I sing in English (in any language, actually). Last year I used to get home from college singing the songs I listened more, but those were in German. Therefore, my English accent is awful.

I don't know, sometimes I feel dumb singing alone. Sometimes I feel dumb singing with friends. And sometimes I just sing. I guess it all depends only on my mood.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - CarolHawks - 08-06-2012 04:46 PM

Why don't you install sound proof doors at your home or particularly in your room or bathroom so that you can sing whenever you want and no body will be able to listen. Think over it.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-06-2012 08:52 PM

We should start a choir.
We could make MILLIONS

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Beardy - 08-06-2012 11:05 PM

(08-06-2012 08:52 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  We should start a choir.
We could make MILLIONS

... of people unhappy.

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-06-2012 11:40 PM

(08-06-2012 11:05 PM)Beardy Wrote:  
(08-06-2012 08:52 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  We should start a choir.
We could make MILLIONS

... of people unhappy.

[Image: Sad_Cat.gif]

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Nicknclank - 08-07-2012 03:07 AM

It seems I'm actually a good singer, so I go participate in Karaokes at school. And people always say that I sing good, sooooo... I believe them :I

Lately I've been singing "This Love" by Maroon5 a lot, since I thiink it,s a beautiful song... that I sing well most of the time >_>

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Arjahn - 08-07-2012 04:25 AM

You mean to tell me that somebody on the internet thinks that they're a decent singer...?
[Image: mcnabb_wft.gif]

RE: Singing when nobody's listening. - Seydou - 08-07-2012 05:17 AM

Most times a sing alone are 30 Seconds To Mars musics or Yellowcard musics.
However I often sing some film themes like Go the Distance(Hercules).