Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? (/thread-901.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - retrolinkx - 07-30-2012 05:50 AM

I believe submissions are picked from how the Admin sees the ones he likes and finds interesting himself, but couldn't we have like a team of 2/3 who find interesting facts in the "Submit a DYK" board and just give them to the Admin via PM?

It would speed things up for one, since many people are active, and go through there a lot, and even post that it should be used. Sometimes decent ones die down, and isn't put on, due to the Admin either skipping it, or just thinking it isn't great.

I'm not saying "Hurr admin u suk" but I think that it could save some time. There are users who would like to help, find topics with interesting facts (and of course linking the topics, so the person who found it can be credited), PM them to the Admin, and he can check them and it'd be easier.

Although I'm not saying he should just stop checking the threads in general, I just think it'd be faster for him.

inb4no

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - zinja - 07-31-2012 09:13 AM

As long as they're trusty, and they do credited the source, then I agree. I think we should have requirements on who gets to do this, such as how dedicated they are and the number of times they do verify real fact. I guess as the site gets bigger, then maybe some help is needed.

(07-30-2012 05:50 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  Sometimes decent ones die down

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Arjahn - 08-11-2012 03:21 PM

SUPER MEGA DYKG POWER TASK FORCE SUPER TEAM, ROLLOUT!
[Image: avatar_161.gif?dateline=1340733808] [Image: CfWhd.gif?dateline=1344244770] [Image: kLq40.gif?dateline=1341124812] [Image: avatar_24.jpg?dateline=1340808173] [Image: avatar_132.gif?dateline=1342847048p] [Image: avatar_176.jpg?dateline=1341532837]

We win.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Nuudoru - 08-11-2012 06:55 PM

That looks like a team of villians.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Arjahn - 08-12-2012 03:07 AM

Nah, Beardy's avatar makes everything look evil.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - retrolinkx - 08-13-2012 12:12 AM

So is this a yay or nay?

Or is it a yay on standby?

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Nuudoru - 08-13-2012 01:11 AM

It's not my decision to make. We will just have to wait for DYKG to make it.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Dr. Toreibo - 08-15-2012 03:16 PM

Guys, uh, I know I'm like, not very well-known or anything. And stuff. But I just think I'd make a really good candidate for this social experiment. You should- You should probably maybe consider me.

Okay, thanks for your time.

(Nailed it.)

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - zinja - 08-16-2012 01:31 PM

(08-15-2012 03:16 PM)Dr. Toreibo Wrote:  Guys, uh, I know I'm like, not very well-known or anything. And stuff. But I just think I'd make a really good candidate for this social experiment. You should- You should probably maybe consider me.

Okay, thanks for your time.

(Nailed it.)

If this idea is picked up, definitely. I think you're more cut out for this than me.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - retrolinkx - 08-17-2012 07:56 AM

G-g-guys I t-thought of the I-idea...

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - zinja - 08-17-2012 06:51 PM

(08-17-2012 07:56 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  G-g-guys I t-thought of the I-idea...

I naturally thought you would be involved in this since it is your idea. Sorry if you felt excluded.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - Berry - 08-18-2012 01:15 AM

(07-30-2012 05:50 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  I believe submissions are picked from how the Admin sees the ones he likes and finds interesting himself, but couldn't we have like a team of 2/3 who find interesting facts in the "Submit a DYK" board and just give them to the Admin via PM?

It would speed things up for one, since many people are active, and go through there a lot, and even post that it should be used. Sometimes decent ones die down, and isn't put on, due to the Admin either skipping it, or just thinking it isn't great.

I'm not saying "Hurr admin u suk" but I think that it could save some time. There are users who would like to help, find topics with interesting facts (and of course linking the topics, so the person who found it can be credited), PM them to the Admin, and he can check them and it'd be easier.

Although I'm not saying he should just stop checking the threads in general, I just think it'd be faster for him.

inb4no

Will if one thinks about it he hasn't been that good at bringing proof or lets a fake info let in the site(anyone remember the supposed time paradox/zelda did you know)

but other than that he doing great but i consider your idea.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-18-2012 11:58 AM

It would need to be about 10 people with no one in charge to avoid people sucking up, or pushing to get their info on the site even though no one else likes it, and generally dumb social stuff.

(08-18-2012 01:15 AM)Berry Wrote:  Will if one thinks about it he hasn't been that good at bringing proof or lets a fake info let in the site(anyone remember the supposed time paradox/zelda did you know)

If you had hundreds of pieces of information flying at you from all directions you'd make plenty of mistakes, trust me.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - retrolinkx - 08-20-2012 06:33 AM

I think possibly, if the people are chosen and everything, a thread should be made and sticked, in it the people who are chosen talk about the ones they find interesting and see if it's DYKG material, if we decide on say 5 good ones, and reasons why, someone sends it to the Admin and he looks over them.

It'd make it easy, the users who are chosen have a place to discuss and decide everybodies happy.

RE: Do you think we should have like a task force who find good gaming facts? - retrolinkx - 09-08-2012 07:12 PM

Damn Spambots.