Did You Know Gaming? Forums
What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Pokemon (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? (/thread-821.html)

What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Sirion - 07-25-2012 02:44 PM

Soon we will have Black and White 2 coming for the DS, even if 3DS has been among us for more than a year now. After the last two or three generations I couldn't follow up with the new games' features as closely as the first generations (didn't really bother too), but I think Black & White 2 won't be very different from the last generation (is it a new generation, btw?) or they would have new color/stone/metal names.

But in two ou three years from now, a new generation will be coming for the 3DS. New graphics, pokémon making explosions pop out from the screen to your face, Porygons making kids puke and all those usual stuff.

So, what do you think 3DS will bring to the series?

I mean, besides new weird looking monsters.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Arjahn - 07-25-2012 03:34 PM

I'm really looking forward to a few things, such as:
-3D Effects, because you know having an awesomely animated Fire Blast flying at your face is going to feel badass.
-Streetpass Trading. I know they're going to use Streetpass somehow, wouldn't it be cool if it was integrated into the GTS where you could list a few pokemon you're interested and ones you have for sale/trade, and when you pass others who have the game, they see your lists and they can trade you over WiFi if you have something for them? I dunno, just an idea
-MORE WIFI N' MULTIPLAYER STUFF. I still want to be able to walk around with my friend in the world battling stuff.
-A BIGGER WORLD! With more memory available, make the world bigger and more explorable.
-BRING BACK SEALS! Anybody else remember ball capsules and seals from D/P/PT? Come on, those were sweet! What happened to them?
-More Balls. We haven't seen a new type since the Dusk Ball and Heart Ball in D/P/PT, and before that there were a few in Ruby and Sapphire. Let's see a return of the Ball Making system from Gold/Silver, but with an upgrade! Let's see craftable balls! Maybe expand the Apricorn system and add some collecting or customization.
-Customizable Trainer cards. This is again just a random suggestion, but we should be able to add custom skins and what-not to our cards.

This is more of just an idea list, but any of these would be better than an Ice Cream pokemon.

RE: What do you think will become of Digimon on 3DS? - BumblebeeCody - 07-25-2012 09:09 PM

What Arjahn said. I think they need to get this game using a lot of online features. If they made the online game area like Playstation Home were you could walk around in a huge universe meeting other people, waiting for events, attending different events, watching special videos etc. That'd be be balls to the wall awesome.

Obviously 3DS effects like having hydro pump "come out" of the screen.

Probably a feature with the gyroscrope such as: the camera going into a first person view so you can look around your evironments

Some more microphone features

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Sirion - 07-26-2012 03:36 AM

(07-25-2012 03:34 PM)Arjahn Wrote:  I'm really looking forward to a few things, such as:
-3D Effects, because you know having an awesomely animated Fire Blast flying at your face is going to feel badass.
-Streetpass Trading. I know they're going to use Streetpass somehow, wouldn't it be cool if it was integrated into the GTS where you could list a few pokemon you're interested and ones you have for sale/trade, and when you pass others who have the game, they see your lists and they can trade you over WiFi if you have something for them? I dunno, just an idea
-MORE WIFI N' MULTIPLAYER STUFF. I still want to be able to walk around with my friend in the world battling stuff.
-A BIGGER WORLD! With more memory available, make the world bigger and more explorable.
-BRING BACK SEALS! Anybody else remember ball capsules and seals from D/P/PT? Come on, those were sweet! What happened to them?
-More Balls. We haven't seen a new type since the Dusk Ball and Heart Ball in D/P/PT, and before that there were a few in Ruby and Sapphire. Let's see a return of the Ball Making system from Gold/Silver, but with an upgrade! Let's see craftable balls! Maybe expand the Apricorn system and add some collecting or customization.
-Customizable Trainer cards. This is again just a random suggestion, but we should be able to add custom skins and what-not to our cards.

This is more of just an idea list, but any of these would be better than an Ice Cream pokemon.

I don't think this customizable trainer cards thing would really work. I mean, at least, I can't see how it would be really interesting, unless you could browse through your friends' and NPCs' own cards it really matters for anyone besides you. The problem is the only use trainer cards have is recording some information about your progress. They could be in your Pokédex, for instance, and it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm not saying your idea is bad. I just think it's unnecessary without some good online stuff.

Your idea about the balls crafting is awesome, though. I don't think they'd let you craft more than one ball per day, or much more than that, at least (or, if so, only at a really high cost, requiring rare and/or expensive items for crafting). Specially crafted ball are better than the others and can make capturing a pokémon very easy. Capturing all pokémon is the biggest challenge in the game, so I think they will keep it the way it's always been, making you prefer using the more traditional balls. But I'd really love to see a ball crafting system. Maybe not just for balls, but potions, TMs and other kinds of items too. It would make you be more aware of what you carry, turning junk into useful things.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Kai - 08-27-2012 02:54 AM

I'm thinking the next generation games will use more of those visuals from Black and White like in the Sky Arrow bridge. It may not even be completely out of the question for GameFreak to make a Pokemon game set in a 3D world like in Battle Revolution or Gale of Darkness. I mean the 3DS definitely has the power to do so. I do love the current formula and all but I think it would be weird for them to make a 2D game on a system that's capable of much more.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Zaliphone - 08-28-2012 06:17 AM

Realistically, I see very few new things coming to the table. Stunning visuals, slightly bigger worlds, possibly more Pokemon than ever.
What I would like is a massive world, hundreds of new Pokemon, more open-world style and less linear.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Stan - 08-28-2012 06:36 AM

As a Nintendo 3DS owner, I'm starving for the first 3D pokemon game to be released.
Maybe they could do a Pokemon Stadium remake. That'd be awesome, imagine the improved 3DS graphics and 3D content mixed with hardcore 3D battling.
On the other hand, they could also create a full 3D platformer. If you don't get the idea, I'm reffering to freely roaming around a 3D world and battling with a similar style to Pokemon Stadium.
Again, I won't be mad if they continue the main line of games either. Besides, you need to admit it, Pokemon Black and White was pretty amazing, and Black and White 2 are even cooler. So heck why not?

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - retrolinkx - 08-28-2012 07:34 AM

They have considered Ruby and Sapphire on the 3DS which is great.

What I would like to see is stadium type battling, but still keeping the same gameplay, so imagine Black and White with battles like Stadium, that would be cool.

In terms of the Pokémon designs, I think they should make some pre-evolutions and such, to add space, and make takes ideas from the first few gens, and from other people, out sourcing and such.

I thought a Cannonball Pokémon would be cool, and it could be closely related to Electrode and Voltorb, and it could look original, if they just keep the design simple.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Berry - 08-28-2012 11:30 AM

It's gonna be the same,and hopefully the suggestion you guys put will be there but other than that....you see your pokemon in 3D. but i want the battles to look like this
[Image: 3d-pokemon_c_216305.jpg]

and like this one
[Image: POKEMON-3D-GAME_c_117346.jpg]

I swear to god if they don't do this suggestion,im gonna be pissed off.

RE: What do you think will become of Pokémon on 3DS? - Sirion - 08-30-2012 04:04 PM

(08-28-2012 11:30 AM)Berry Wrote:  It's gonna be the same,and hopefully the suggestion you guys put will be there but other than that....you see your pokemon in 3D. but i want the battles to look like this
[Image: 3d-pokemon_c_216305.jpg]

and like this one
[Image: POKEMON-3D-GAME_c_117346.jpg]

I swear to god if they don't do this suggestion,im gonna be pissed off.

It's funny how the first image existed long before the world know about 3DS (or at least I've known it for a long time) and now it's totally possible.