Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Pokemon Did You Knows? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+---- Thread: Pokemon Did You Knows? (/thread-69.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - DarkNerd - 07-25-2012 11:24 AM

@Danger, which fact are you talking about?

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - BumblebeeCody - 07-26-2012 10:16 PM

Famous fraud Uri Geller sued Nintendo over the design of Alakazam...

Quote: Alakazam (and Kadabra) carry silver spoons, like Uri Geller, and Kadabra's Japanese name "Yungerer" is a deliberate reference to the psychic illusionist. In November 2000, Geller took Nintendo to court over the alleged misuse of his likeness.
He was suing for
100 MILLION DOLLARS...and lost
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTO7JbLLD40gFvluoijNCs...b8N3bFodtw]

Source 1

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-26-2012 10:20 PM

(07-26-2012 10:16 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Famous fraud Uri Geller sued Nintendo over the design of Alakazam...

Quote: Alakazam (and Kadabra) carry silver spoons, like Uri Geller, and Kadabra's Japanese name "Yungerer" is a deliberate reference to the psychic illusionist. In November 2000, Geller took Nintendo to court over the alleged misuse of his likeness.

Source 1

WHY would you take Nintendo to court because they made you into a pokémon !?
I'd be honoured

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - BumblebeeCody - 07-26-2012 10:23 PM

(07-26-2012 10:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 10:16 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Famous fraud Uri Geller sued Nintendo over the design of Alakazam...

Source 1

I'd be honoured

Obviously because Alakazam mis-represents him.

Alakazam is:
Actually psychic
Can bend spoons
Is smart
Has a wicked-awesome mustache

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Electricmastro - 07-27-2012 12:42 AM

[Image: dx7Xt.jpg]

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-27-2012 12:45 AM

(07-26-2012 10:23 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 10:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  

Source 1

I'd be honoured

Obviously because Alakazam mis-represents him.

Alakazam is:
Actually psychic
Can bend spoons
Is smart
Has a wicked-awesome mustache

Ohhhhhhhhh I see what you did there. I see it bright and clear.

(07-27-2012 12:42 AM)Electricmastro Wrote:  [Image: dx7Xt.jpg]

It's a good think that there was a red line, otherwise I would never have guessed the incongruous part of that image

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Electricmastro - 07-27-2012 01:29 AM

(07-26-2012 10:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  It's a good think that there was a red line, otherwise I would never have guessed the incongruous part of that image

That's just how I found it. Tongue

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 07-27-2012 07:16 AM

Did you know, that...

The original green version of pokemon was intendet to have a secret message in the background theme from lavender town.

The message was saying "Leave Now" with unknown spelling it out, but unknows doesnt show up until gen 2.
also the ghost you find in the pokemon tower in lavender town,when you dont have silph co, shows up right before the leave now message.

The idea was thrown away because of the gameboy couldnt handle it.

Also:

Did you know, that you cant encounter a lv 1 pokemon until gen 4?
When you had a pokemon lv 1 in gen 1 and 2 and it gains less then 54 EXP, the game screws up and gives around 16million exp to the pokemon. that would be enough to raise the pokemon far from lv 200, but the game caps it at lv 100.
oddly in gen 3 this glitch was fixed but you still no see a pokemon below lv 2.
In gen 4 they changed it, so you can encounter lv 1 pokemon and eggs hatch pokemons at lv 1.

Next one:

Everyone knows missingno. When you say, you dont know him, stop saying you know pokemon.
Alright let me begin

Did you know, that there are more then one missingno? there are quiet a few forms of missingno, like

[Image: Missingno_RB.png]
This
[Image: Spr_1b_141_f.png]
This
[Image: Spr_1b_142_f.png]
or this
[Image: Ghost_I.png]

but there are all the same. The real deal is the first form and for everyone who thinks catching missingno destroys your game, you are wrong.
Missingno is harmless.
The dangerous one is 'M.
Simply just 'M and looks just like the block form from Missingno.

All the pokemon you can encounter at the Cinnabar coast can be changed by changing your name with a gameshark code or just have some letters in the right place from the beginning.

The letters 3, 5, and 7 determined wich pokemon you encounter. for example you have a "D" for the 3. letter, you will encounter a mewtwo and when you have "?" for the second letter, mewtwo will be lv 245.

For levels, the 2nd, 4th, and 6th letters of the Player's name determine the levels of the Pokemon you can run into.

One more:

Did you know, that having a pokemon with a special stat of 251, 252, 254, or 255 in gen 1 will trigger a strange glitch using ditto?

When you have a pokemon with one of the special stats i posted, you have to use the mew glitch trick to trigger part 1 of the glitch(where you fly away as soon as the trainer wants to run to you)
Part 2 is, that you fight any random trainer to gain access to the menu again.
The last part is to find a ditto and let it transform into the pokemon with a special stat of 251, 252, 253, 254 or 255. Kill Ditto with any attack that dont lower or have a chance to lower its special stat or this wont work

after the battle with ditto just fly to lavender town and leave the city to the west and a battle will start.

see you next time with more did you know pokemon, hope i posted stuff that was kinda new Big Grin

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-27-2012 07:18 AM

(07-27-2012 01:29 AM)Electricmastro Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 10:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  It's a good think that there was a red line, otherwise I would never have guessed the incongruous part of that image

That's just how I found it. Tongue

Then I call for a witch-hunt !
Prepare the pitchforks and I'll get the betamax recorder

As an aside, wtf is up with that description. Is it from the actual game or is it a hack ?

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - DarkNerd - 07-27-2012 09:43 AM

Actual game

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Electricmastro - 07-27-2012 10:14 AM

(07-26-2012 10:20 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  As an aside, wtf is up with that description. Is it from the actual game or is it a hack ?

It's from the actual game, specifically, the Pokedex entry from Pokemon White Version. You can even look up Darumaka's Pokemon White Pokedex Entry on Bulbapedia and it also even says the same thing.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darumaka_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - DarkNerd - 07-27-2012 10:50 AM

(07-27-2012 07:16 AM)Deadalus Wrote:  Did you know, that...

The original green version of pokemon was intendet to have a secret message in the background theme from lavender town.

The message was saying "Leave Now" with unknown spelling it out, but unknows doesnt show up until gen 2.
also the ghost you find in the pokemon tower in lavender town,when you dont have silph co, shows up right before the leave now message.

The idea was thrown away because of the gameboy couldnt handle it.

Also:

Did you know, that you cant encounter a lv 1 pokemon until gen 4?
When you had a pokemon lv 1 in gen 1 and 2 and it gains less then 54 EXP, the game screws up and gives around 16million exp to the pokemon. that would be enough to raise the pokemon far from lv 200, but the game caps it at lv 100.
oddly in gen 3 this glitch was fixed but you still no see a pokemon below lv 2.
In gen 4 they changed it, so you can encounter lv 1 pokemon and eggs hatch pokemons at lv 1.

Next one:

Everyone knows missingno. When you say, you dont know him, stop saying you know pokemon.
Alright let me begin

Did you know, that there are more then one missingno? there are quiet a few forms of missingno, like

[Image: Missingno_RB.png]
This
[Image: Spr_1b_141_f.png]
This
[Image: Spr_1b_142_f.png]
or this
[Image: Ghost_I.png]

but there are all the same. The real deal is the first form and for everyone who thinks catching missingno destroys your game, you are wrong.
Missingno is harmless.
The dangerous one is 'M.
Simply just 'M and looks just like the block form from Missingno.

All the pokemon you can encounter at the Cinnabar coast can be changed by changing your name with a gameshark code or just have some letters in the right place from the beginning.

The letters 3, 5, and 7 determined wich pokemon you encounter. for example you have a "D" for the 3. letter, you will encounter a mewtwo and when you have "?" for the second letter, mewtwo will be lv 245.

For levels, the 2nd, 4th, and 6th letters of the Player's name determine the levels of the Pokemon you can run into.

One more:

Did you know, that having a pokemon with a special stat of 251, 252, 254, or 255 in gen 1 will trigger a strange glitch using ditto?

When you have a pokemon with one of the special stats i posted, you have to use the mew glitch trick to trigger part 1 of the glitch(where you fly away as soon as the trainer wants to run to you)
Part 2 is, that you fight any random trainer to gain access to the menu again.
The last part is to find a ditto and let it transform into the pokemon with a special stat of 251, 252, 253, 254 or 255. Kill Ditto with any attack that dont lower or have a chance to lower its special stat or this wont work

after the battle with ditto just fly to lavender town and leave the city to the west and a battle will start.

see you next time with more did you know pokemon, hope i posted stuff that was kinda new Big Grin
1. Researched, just a rumor.
2. Ninja'd. I was saving that one for later.
3. Those are just the different images of one Missingno. Some Missingno.s take the appearance of other Pokemon, Trainers, different blocks, etc.
4. Must try that.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 07-27-2012 11:22 AM

(07-27-2012 10:50 AM)DarkNerd Wrote:  1. Researched, just a rumor.
2. Ninja'd. I was saving that one for later.
3. Those are just the different images of one Missingno. Some Missingno.s take the appearance of other Pokemon, Trainers, different blocks, etc.
4. Must try that.

Well, that wasnt the thing i wanted to point out.

i think i talked too much on this one well, let me get this straith:

Missingno comes in various forms like these i posted, but the mouth to mouth story was, that Missingno is destroying your savegame.
It doesnt, 'M does.
'M looks like the block form of missingno, it appears where missingno appears on the same trick but with different lettern in the special places.
Catching 'M is a high risk of deleting/destroying your save file, Missingno "just" messes with the hall of fame.

Greez Tongue

Edit:

To the Lavender town music, i searched on google and i dont found a single link, where it says, that its just a rumor.
Im not talking about the high pitch sound some kids might hear and commit suicide, thats just a rumor, i only mean the pictures in the sound.

i have no proof to be honest, but i dont have a proof, that this is just a rumor too.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Arjahn - 07-27-2012 12:08 PM

Speaking of disturbing Pokedex entries, here's one for Yamask, otherwise known as this guy: [Image: yamask.jpg]

According to the Pokedex in Black,
Quote:Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry.

It carries it's old face around and looks at it. Children's' game, yeah.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Dr. Toreibo - 07-27-2012 12:11 PM

I'm more disturbed by the fact that it used to be human...