Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Pokemon Did You Knows? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+---- Thread: Pokemon Did You Knows? (/thread-69.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Takahashi2212 - 09-29-2012 05:09 PM

*Disregard this post until I can find more reliable sources.*

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Electricmastro - 09-30-2012 07:47 AM

In the Japanese version of Pokemon Crystal, the Game Boy Color used an ability called "Pokémon Mobile System GB" that connects a Mobile Phone to the Game Boy itself, which allowed special events such as the GS Ball at a Pokemon Communication Center in Goldenrod City. Though it was never done outside of Japan likely because of the scarce of mobile phones in 2001 other than Japan.

It's reminiscent of the GTS, Global Terminal, Wi-Fi Plaza, and the Pokémon Net Center which use worldwide interaction.

In fact, in HeartGold/SoulSilver, the Global Terminal is located in Goldenrod City, which is a possible reference to the old system.

[Image: PCCenter.gif] [Image: Crystal-mobile_phone_unit.jpg]

^English hack above.^
Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Mobile_System_GB

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - DarkNerd - 10-01-2012 10:07 AM

Image comparisons for one the first facts I osted, showing but a few.
Some sprites from Ruby and Sapphire were actually just recolors with minor edits, such as shading.[Image: mrqxs.png] Farfetch'd is an excellent example, featuring NO CHANGES, WHATSOEVER, BESIDES THE RECOLORING.

New one w/ images
Weedle and Spinarak recieved shiny color alterations as of Gen 3: Weedle's standard color is now it's shiny, with a new color added for the normal.
It's most interesting wih Spinarak, who went through a similar trick, except it's new regular color looks nothing like it's old ones.
[Image: 10dcpi1.png]

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Hexadecimal - 10-01-2012 11:00 AM

We need some ZZAZZ! DO NOT EVER TRY THIS GLITCH!

Pokemon Red:

Pokemon Yellow:

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 10-02-2012 02:19 AM

ZZAZZ is just one of the Pokegods i mentioned, there are tons of them (actually every free spot from the 256 Hex code -151 Pokemons who actually exist, so 105 free Spots for glitch data)

Nothing more, nothing less.

I have no problem with recolored sprites at all, because they looked great for me and reusing the sprite but recoloring it saves time + money, why not?

Did you know, that it was planned to have pokemons over Level 100?
Not counting the missingno glitch pokemon, who gets over level 200 sometimes, but every pokemon can learn moves after level 100, in the first gen.
Not sure wich level would be the last, but some learn moves even to lv 255, the max lv the game would even allow, without bashing the pokemon back to lv 0.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-02-2012 07:20 AM

(10-02-2012 02:19 AM)Deadalus Wrote:  I have no problem with recolored sprites at all, because they looked great for me and reusing the sprite but recoloring it saves time + money, why not?

Exactly, this is the old gaming fallacy of "Says that game is best ever. Complains that the sequel is too similar"

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 10-02-2012 08:49 AM

(10-02-2012 07:20 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Exactly, this is the old gaming fallacy of "Says that game is best ever. Complains that the sequel is too similar"

Well, you can´t change much in pokemon, can you?

I mean, sure the graphics have to improve sometimes (But i dont like the overworld look from the newer generations, duh) but nothing is against reusing stuff, that looked awesome in the last generation.

Other than graphics, you cant really change much in pokemon, because the story is allways the same, but with different characters and new pokemon/areal.
Allways a hero, who has to catch em all, some bad guys (doesnt matter what they wanna do, bad guys are bad guys), gym leaders and a elite 4.
Did i missed something? well uh... i think you get, what i mean Sleepy

Better graphics dont make a better game, but nobody wants to play a game with gen 1/2 standarts nowadays Smile

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - BumblebeeCody - 10-03-2012 10:22 PM

(10-02-2012 07:20 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 02:19 AM)Deadalus Wrote:  I have no problem with recolored sprites at all, because they looked great for me and reusing the sprite but recoloring it saves time + money, why not?

Exactly, this is the old gaming fallacy of "Says that game is best ever. Complains that the sequel is too similar"

How many people noticed though? I didn't. Wouldn't care even if I knew at the time.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - retrolinkx - 10-05-2012 12:51 AM

Did we ever cover that the old man in Viridian City is Drunk.

The original concept for him was to be drunk, and was passed out, half asleep on the floor, but was changed when it went out of Japan for obvious reasons.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 10-05-2012 10:19 AM

Did you know, that Mew was a trademark for Pokemon way before Pokemon was released?
Application for mew was on May 9, 1990 but for Pokemon it was (Or Poket Monsters Red and Green) it was September 11, 1995.
So in a nutshell, Mew first introduced 5 1/2 years before the first gen game hits the Light.

So, we already said, that mew was the first pokemon trademarked, did you know, that the development of Poket Monsters Red and Green startet during 1990?
So it took them 5 years to create it, making it the longest pokemon game development of all so far.

Did you ever noticed, that in the beginning of a new game, when prof oak released his pokemon (Generation 1, Nidorino) the cry of the Nidorino belongs to Nidorina?

beeing said, that mew was trademarked in 1990, did you know, that mew actually was planned to not make it into the game?
The cardridge was full, but for the release they removed the debug features, making enough space to program mew into the game.
But the programmers sneaked mew into the game, Nintendo or even gamefreak had no idea, it was in the game.
Noone tested mew for glitches or anything, they just programmed mew into the game.

Tongue

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Hunch - 10-06-2012 03:44 AM

^ Mew being trademarked halfway through 1990 would mean he initially wasn't designed to be a Pokémon, was he? Sugimori stated Rhydon was the first Pokémon he designed, followed by Clefairy and Lapras, and work appeared to have started in the fall of 1990: http://www.unseen64.net/2009/02/04/pokemon-red-blue-beta/

[Image: capsule-monsters-pokemon-beta-7.png]

From that same source we learn that Pokémon was called Capsule Monsters during development, but was renamed as Satoshi Tajiri had trouble trademarking the name. Capsule Monsters was put on hold in early 1992. After Game Freak developed Yoshi for the NES and GameBoy, they resumed working on Capsule Monsters (now Pocket Monsters) in the summer of 1994.

Also, it appears that Pokémarts were supposed to sell Pokémon, as appears from this early sketch by Sugimori:
[Image: Mart_Sketch.jpg]

The Omanyte and Kabuto lines used to share a trait in their names, where the first stage was a three letter name and the complete line making a word: Omanyte and Omastar were Ess and Kargo; Kabuto and Kabutops were Att and Lantis.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Green_beta#Prototype_names

Last, and probably mentioned before, Blaziken and Latias used to be a single Pokémon: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/6/68/Latias_Blaziken.jpg

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - Deadalus - 10-06-2012 11:24 AM

(10-06-2012 03:44 AM)Hunch Wrote:  ^ Mew being trademarked halfway through 1990 would mean he initially wasn't designed to be a Pokémon, was he? Sugimori stated Rhydon was the first Pokémon he designed, followed by Clefairy and Lapras, and work appeared to have started in the fall of 1990: http://www.unseen64.net/2009/02/04/pokemon-red-blue-beta/

Well, i think mew was intendet to be a pokemon, but not in 1990 i guess.
Rhydon was the first pokemon ever created, yes but it doesnt mean, that it was the first pokemon trademarked.
As i said, mew was trademarked 1990, way before pokemon was ever mentioned but also mew wasnt intended to be in the actual game.

You can read it here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

As far as i can find stuff on the internet about all that mew stuff is, that it was trademarked May 9, 1990.
But in that state, Mew wasnt what it is now.
Mew was a "last minute" "project", mew was programmed in the game two weeks before the game was finished.
Not many people who worked on pokemon knew about mew.
May 9, 1990, at the time Mew was known as "ミュー" not "ミュウ".
"ミュウ" was subbmitted for trademark June 17 1997

So... That reminds me of something:

Mew is Ditto or Ditto is a failed clone from Mew.

Well to be honest, some points are "possible"
They weight the same... ok.
Same stats.. ok.
Colors.. Well Ditto is Purple and Mew is pink.

In the DYKG post it says "they are commonly found in the same cave as mewtwo"
I dont know about you, but only Ditto appears in the cave, not mew.
also ditto appears in other routes too, way outside the cave or the cinnaber island.

They both learn Transform.
Yes, they do but why cant mewtwo learn it?
Doesnt make sense, when mewtwo is a clone too.

And when mewtwo is a clone, why is it so different from mew or ditto?

i doubt this theory pretty much, i heard of it way before it got here, but never really belived it.
i read much about that theory and there are some facts, that tells a different story..

Similar stats and weight can easily be attributed to the same food supply or environment.

Victini has the same height and weight as Mew also.
Jiranchi, while now the same size, weight or similar moves, is Blue and becomes pink when shiny so it has reverse color pallet.

The theory that Ditto is man-made is... well weird too, i mean look at Magnemite, magneton, koffing or weezing.. they look man-made too, but they arent.
So why cant just a blob exist without thinking, that its a failed clone Undecided

MAYBE im thinking too deep into this, but i really, really doubt this theory and i think, we have to re-discuss this again...

greez

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - DidYouKnowGaming - 10-06-2012 01:32 PM

"In the DYKG post it says "they are commonly found in the same cave as mewtwo"
I dont know about you, but only Ditto appears in the cave, not mew."

'They' is referring to dittos, plural. Not Mew.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - TheRealJDawgz - 10-07-2012 07:14 AM

Here's a source for a few cool Easter Eggs

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Easter_egg

Also in Black and White's Route 16, the girl cycling will actually speed up if you hold the B button.

RE: Pokemon Did You Knows? - retrolinkx - 10-07-2012 09:26 AM

Something interesting I found out after playing White 2 again in English again.

In the starting town of the player in each region, there is a fat NPC in either the starting town, or somewhere else in the game who tells the person about how "amazing technology is" or that they've done something incredible and depending on the generation it will usually be about something that we can do now, that we couldn't before, or something that is new in the game, and is explained to the player, or just general knowledge.

In Red and Blue he says "Technology is incredible! You can store and recall items and Pokémon as Data via PC!"
In Gold and Silver he says "Yo, GOLD! I hear PROF. ELM discovered some new Pokémon."
In Black and White 2 he says "The Power of Science is amazing! Now you can use communications to play with a hundred people at the same time!"

I can't get any others unfortunately, but I believe it's true for all games.