Did You Know Gaming? Forums
If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? (/thread-66.html)

Pages: 1 2

If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? - Mr.Holmes - 06-26-2012 09:23 AM

I've always wanted to create a game about a misunderstood super villain, that wakes up one day to find the city in chaos, and the man behind it, is his arch rival super hero. He has to gain the trust of the towns people by doing good deeds, or you can just fight your way to the super hero's lair and overthrow him becoming supreme ruler of the city.... It's just an idea Big Grin

If you were given the tools you need to make a video game, what would it be about? - damerdar - 06-26-2012 09:26 AM

You have no idea how many hours I've spent trying to answer this question, since I DO have the tools needed to make a video game.
The game I did make, however, was very cliche, about a boy saving his love on valentine's day from a demon. I made it as a present for, you guessed it, valentine's day.

f you were given the tools you need to make a video game, what would it be about? - RussB93 - 06-26-2012 09:28 AM

I always wanted to make a game in which you bake cakes and deliver them across the levels to the princess who would then eat the cake and progressively get fatter as the game went on. Then at the end there would be a huge plot twist: the hero would have a moment of realization because he made the princess so fat he doesn't find her attractive anymore, then he goes home.

. - Slam - 06-26-2012 09:32 AM

A dating game or hentai games...kidding
Kinda RPG or an anime adventure game

RE: If you were given the tools you need to make a video game,... - Nicknclank - 06-26-2012 10:55 AM

Finally, I can write about my game idea!

Ok, it's about a kid who witnesses his village getting destroyed by a big evil guy in armor. When the evil guy leaves, an old man comes to the boy and tells him that if he wants to beat the bad guy, he must train with him. And so, the kid trains for 10 years with his new master.

The kid (let's call him Xiao) then takes part in a contest to prove his strength against other people (tutorial time ^_^). He then ends up winning a special sword.

I don't know about the story after that, BUT, I thought that the sword in question could make you go 40 years back in time when it hits a special type of statue, and 40 years into the future when it's struck again.

I also thought that since the hero must defeat the bad guy, the only way to defeat him would be by using special gems that he can attach to his sword. To power-up the gems, he would need to put them in a dungeon in the past, then come to the same dungeon 40 years later. The gem would have absorb the energy of the dungeon, and you would end up with a fire gem, a water gem... anything! The gems could be used to clear other dungeons! (For instance: You need to destroy a huge tree in front of you. Burn it with a fire strike!)

But the coolest part of the game would be sword customization. You could change the shape, the material, the color, the attachments, the gem you want to put on it, anything! Plus, depending on the customization, you can upgrade it to something stronger by defeating enemies!

Well, what do you think so far?

RE: If you were given the tools you need to make a video game,... - Mr.Holmes - 06-26-2012 11:01 AM

(06-26-2012 10:55 AM)Nicknclank Wrote:  Finally, I can write about my game idea!

Ok, it's about a kid who witnesses his village getting destroyed by a big evil guy in armor. When the evil guy leaves, an old man comes to the boy and tells him that if he wants to beat the bad guy, he must train with him. And so, the kid trains for 10 years with his new master.

The kid (let's call him Xiao) then takes part in a contest to prove his strength against other people (tutorial time ^_^). He then ends up winning a special sword.

I don't know about the story after that, BUT, I thought that the sword in question could make you go 40 years back in time when it hits a special type of statue, and 40 years into the future when it's struck again.

I also thought that since the hero must defeat the bad guy, the only way to defeat him would be by using special gems that he can attach to his sword. To power-up the gems, he would need to put them in a dungeon in the past, then come to the same dungeon 40 years later. The gem would have absorb the energy of the dungeon, and you would end up with a fire gem, a water gem... anything! The gems could be used to clear other dungeons! (For instance: You need to destroy a huge tree in front of you. Burn it with a fire strike!)

But the coolest part of the game would be sword customization. You could change the shape, the material, the color, the attachments, the gem you want to put on it, anything! Plus, depending on the customization, you can upgrade it to something stronger by defeating enemies!

Well, what do you think so far?

Very nice idea Big Grin

RE: If you were given the tools you need to make a video game... - Tajasaurus - 06-26-2012 12:15 PM

I would make a side scrolling adventer where you are a pizza delivery man and you have to deliver a pizza to a house full of babes, but you have to finish each story chapter in under thirty minutes otherwise the babes get the pizza for free and don't invite you inside to play Goldeneye with them

REPLY - Arjahn - 06-26-2012 01:07 PM

42 Years after mario has dissapeard and bowser has... 'deceased', The Mushroom kingdom and Bowsers kingdom are still at war, and you are a solider. You can choose to fight on the side of the Koopa Troop or the Mushroom Kingdom.

There are 2 games released, one Bowser Style [Super mario Nemisis];
And one Toad style [Super mario Alliance]., or just one game where you choose.

The game would play as a sort of Third-person action platformer, leaning towards mmo-style, with you teaming up over Wifi with up to 5 other players to do quest, invade, get resources etc. etc. There's also 16-player squad-on-squad combat in certain areas, such as an arena-like Bowsers castle or Pipe land or classic mario levels (World 8-8?)

For the characters:
In both games there are 8 starter classes.
In Nemisis there are the following:
Magikoopas
Boo's
Koopas
Bomb-ombs
Monty moles
Hammer bros
Goombas
Paratroopas

For alliance:
Toad Heavy Blade
Toad Sniper
Toad Bombardment
Toad Stonewall
Toad Twin Blade
Toad Assasin
Toad Scout
Toad Mage

It was just an Idea and I know it wont be made for obvious copyright reasons.[But if it was, rated 'T']

If you were given the tools you need to make a video game, what would it be about? - 7Soul - 06-26-2012 01:13 PM

Wait no more: http://www.scirra.com/

I'm making a space shooter / exploration hybrid that looks like a NES game using this software

If you were given the tools you need to make a video game, what would it be about? - Lesqueecee - 06-27-2012 09:39 PM

I'd make an RPG with a timeline system wherein you plan out every move through a timeline at the start of each turn and the timeline will be including movement, duration of the attack, preparation for the attack, casting of the spell etc. Also battles take place in a free battlefield so you customize where your players start out on a battlefield to lessen movement time and for strategic purposes. Each turn costs 30 seconds so each move has a laid out preparation skill and stuff like that. Also each of your characters are unique. Here's a list of what I've got so far:

~A Violinist - Like a bard of sorts and since he uses a violin, he needs time at the start of a match to prepare his violin but he's still able to cast magic and stuff that doesn't need his violin
~An Archer - Useful because movement doesn't apply for this guy and can also attack multiple enemies with moves like a scattershot of some sort.
~A Strategist - He has the ability to manipulate the battlefield like a skill that can pull enemies in an area to a single place to set up for moves like the Archer's scattershot.
~A Brutal Swordsman - Kind of a must. Has moves that can deal damage to people around him, stuff like that, the usual.
~A Junior Magician - Still a student magician but has a potential of some sort on her that can activate randomly during a turn, buffing all the moves she's about to do. Other than that, knows the usual spells and also she's gonna be sort of clumsy so she can fail some of her moves causing her timeline to be delayed and cancel out some moves you planned her to do.

As for the story...Got nothing yet XD I'll think up a story soon.

RE: If yu were given the tools you need to make a video game, what would it be about? - Mr.Holmes - 06-28-2012 07:26 AM

(06-26-2012 01:13 PM)7Soul Wrote:  Wait no more: http://www.scirra.com/

I'm making a space shooter / exploration hybrid that looks like a NES game using this software

Oh nice, and thank you for linking the software as well! I will have some fun with this.

RE: If you were given the tools you need to make a video game... - dastardly - 06-28-2012 07:44 AM

(06-26-2012 12:15 PM)Tajasaurus Wrote:  I would make a side scrolling adventer where you are a pizza delivery man and you have to deliver a pizza to a house full of babes, but you have to finish each story chapter in under thirty minutes otherwise the babes get the pizza for free and don't invite you inside to play Goldeneye with them

I think I am in love

RE: If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? - Mr.Katana - 06-28-2012 08:11 AM

Well I either want to make a game about you being Ganondorf and trying to go for world domination. Not sure if it would be like normal Zelda style or RTS or something. The second idea would be to make a game that has the RPG foundation as Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. Something about how that game worked just really clicked and was able to work.

RE: If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? - tokki - 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

I've always wanted to create my own video games since I was younger. I've got too many stories and concepts, but the most prevalent are psychological and action adventure game ideas. I think I've tackled the RPG genre many times but lose interest because there's just so much required for how elaborate RPG's are. :u

edit: woops I meant to put *psychological horror. D:

RE: If you were given the tools needed to make a video game what would it be about? - dastardly - 06-28-2012 11:01 PM

(06-28-2012 10:49 PM)tokki Wrote:  I've always wanted to create my own video games since I was younger. I've got too many stories and concepts, but the most prevalent are psychological and action adventure game ideas. I think I've tackled the RPG genre many times but lose interest because there's just so much required for how elaborate RPG's are. :u

I'm so glad that someone understands this. You might be surprised how many people think RPGs are the simplest kind of game to make.