Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+----- Forum: Rejected Submissions (/forum-20.html)
+----- Thread: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop (/thread-516.html)

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - BumblebeeCody - 07-05-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:Stop 'N' Swop is a hidden feature in Banjo-Kazooie. Evidence suggests that the feature was never fully implemented due to the Nintendo 64 revisions completed in 1999 that kept the feature from being practical. The feature was widely publicised through a column published by Nintendo Power. Rare announced that special areas and items in the game could only be reached by completing certain tasks in its sequel, Banjo-Tooie. It was later discovered that Banjo-Kazooie contains seven special items which can be accessed using in-game cheat codes or by using a cheat cartridge. Once collected, these items would be viewable in a menu titled "Stop 'N' Swop". If the game is reset, all of the items will remain permanently.
Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banjo-Kazooie_(series)#Stop_.27N.27_Swop
Click for lots more info

How to obtain the items:

RE: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - Sohakmet - 07-05-2012 09:42 AM

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Stop 'n' Swop has now been implemented on the Banjo-Kazooie that exists on the XBL marketplace and you can use together with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts. But it's probably not the same thing.

RE: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - BumblebeeCody - 07-05-2012 11:58 AM

(07-05-2012 09:42 AM)Sohakmet Wrote:  Also, if I'm not mistaken, Stop 'n' Swop has now been implemented on the Banjo-Kazooie that exists on the XBL marketplace and you can use together with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts. But it's probably not the same thing.

Yeah but we don't talk about that game...

RE: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - Sohakmet - 07-05-2012 12:23 PM

(07-05-2012 11:58 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  
(07-05-2012 09:42 AM)Sohakmet Wrote:  Also, if I'm not mistaken, Stop 'n' Swop has now been implemented on the Banjo-Kazooie that exists on the XBL marketplace and you can use together with Banjo-Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts. But it's probably not the same thing.

Yeah but we don't talk about that game...

Yeah... let's pretend that we never talked about that game

RE: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie: Stop 'n' Swop - CFMM - 07-05-2012 04:15 PM

I still don't see all the hate for Nuts & Bolts other than "they ruined an IP with a game that didn't fit the franchise history". I stand by my claim that Nuts & Bolts is one of the best and most innovative games I have ever played from a purely technical standpoint. If you replaced the Banjo/Kazooie iconography with something else then really it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I can appreciate it when people say it "isn't" a BK game though, because it's not.

Anyways, yeah Rare did retcon in a use for Stop N Swop on the XBLA version of Banjo-Kazooie. Collecting the six eggs will get you a unique set of parts for your vehicles. I don't remember if the ice key did anything.

I remember reading an editorial on Rare about the original intended purpose for the SNS menu and it involved something akin to switching cartridges or somesuch to carry over save data information from one game to another (hence, "stop" and "swop"/swap).