Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Let's play sub forrum? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Let's play sub forrum? (/thread-401.html)

Let's play sub forrum? - legendary_mantis - 07-01-2012 03:43 AM

It could be for people that want to start LPing and veterans such as myself could help them out. Or for posting new Let's Plays.

If it is made, maybe 2 sub boards will need to be made. One for Video Let's Plays and 1 for Screen Shot Lets Plays

All though... I can see the issue of not wanting to focus to much on something like this. There are forums dedicated to LPing, but I thought I'd make the suggestion

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Xannidel - 07-01-2012 03:56 AM

If I were any good at commenting while playing then I would give this a shot but I get too focused on what I am playing to really commentate and make funny things happen.

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - legendary_mantis - 07-01-2012 03:57 AM

You be surprised how many lpers start out like that. It's just a matter of getting used to talking while playing. Either making a quick joke about a character, or being really informative.

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Nuudoru - 07-01-2012 04:04 AM

I'm not totally against that idea since I'm a fan of LP's..

I just can't see a whole subforum work for LP. In the end it will probably just turn into a "WATCH MY LP!!!" wankfest and not actual discussing about everything else surrounding LP.

For now, legendary_mantis, try to start a thread. If we see it gets a lot more popular there's a bigger chance of it be taken in consideration. It worked for the pokemon board!

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - legendary_mantis - 07-01-2012 04:25 AM

Will do. If it doesn't work, no big deal. I just haven't been to a good LP forum in almost 3 years. Just... NEEDZ MOAR CONTENT!1!!1!

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Xannidel - 07-01-2012 04:27 AM

Well if you look at the Something Awful forums, they have an entire forum for LPs and they seem to be supportive and helpful (at least the few that I saw)
Personally I do not mind supporting new LPers.

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - legendary_mantis - 07-01-2012 04:34 AM

Yeah but it's a $10 fee to be able to get full access to the site. And from what I've heard I wouldn't mix well with them. Mostly because I frequent a rival image board. I can't stand SA's humor.

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Sohakmet - 07-03-2012 03:43 AM

Ha! It would be good for me, but it just seems no one really wants to watch my LPs. It' snot like they're bad, it's jsut that I don't really know why some people don't watch them. I've got some videos where people say that they like it, but yeah...

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Xannidel - 07-03-2012 11:39 PM

You just need more publicity, if you want to give it a shot, try the Something Awful forums where they have a lot of LPers post their videos there.

RE: Let's play sub forrum? - Sohakmet - 07-04-2012 12:19 AM

(07-03-2012 11:39 PM)Xannidel Wrote:  You just need more publicity, if you want to give it a shot, try the Something Awful forums where they have a lot of LPers post their videos there.

I'll try it out later, thanks