Did You Know Gaming? Forums
The Free Thread - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread (/thread-287.html)

RE: The Free Thread - Beardy - 07-26-2012 10:24 AM

(07-26-2012 10:21 AM)damerdar Wrote:  I'm a naturally nice person, but not THAT nice.

So damerdar, can I sit next to you on a bus?

RE: The Free Thread - damerdar - 07-26-2012 10:27 AM

Have at it! I don't mind talking to new people (although I'm not sure if you count as new), but I can definitely take the hint if you want to shove me out the window.

*Disclaimer* :: I probably won't fit out the window.

RE: The Free Thread - Beardy - 07-26-2012 10:32 AM

We need to sort out the dimensions of the windows.

RE: The Free Thread - damerdar - 07-26-2012 10:35 AM

I'm a pretty big guy. How big is the average bus window? Actually, what buses are we talking? I don't even know what country we are bus riding in? Are we still on planet earth?

I'm so confused...

RE: The Free Thread - Mr.Katana - 07-26-2012 02:22 PM

Breaking Bad is a pretty good show! Just watched the first season today.

RE: The Free Thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-26-2012 04:34 PM

(07-26-2012 09:40 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  Today while I was waiting for the bus a (around) 35 year old woman walked up to me. She started talking to me as we knew eachother and was BFF. I tried to get rid of her by taking my phone off, only to find out she was looking for a new phone and knew that my one was really neat. So she started talking about phones for awhile, to change into facebook, then into her teacher job, then about students parents hitting on her, then how she had a boyfriend, which she met through playing WoW. Then we get on the buss, I felt that I finally might get her off me since it's very un-swedish to sit next to eachother (if you're strangers). But OBVIOUSLY she told me to sit down next to her. Really close. So I got to hear more about her adventures at facebook and how her students dads has been hitting on her. The ride wasn't very long, so when we got off the bus I had to inerrupt her to get a chance to say good bye. She looked happy as hell and said good bye as well.

All I wanted to do was to go from A to B.

Fuck you, nice people.

Damn people trying to talk to you on (and off) the bus ! Damn them ! Big Grin

RE: The Free Thread - Nuudoru - 07-26-2012 06:49 PM

(07-26-2012 04:34 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 09:40 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  Today while I was waiting for the bus a (around) 35 year old woman walked up to me. She started talking to me as we knew eachother and was BFF. I tried to get rid of her by taking my phone off, only to find out she was looking for a new phone and knew that my one was really neat. So she started talking about phones for awhile, to change into facebook, then into her teacher job, then about students parents hitting on her, then how she had a boyfriend, which she met through playing WoW. Then we get on the buss, I felt that I finally might get her off me since it's very un-swedish to sit next to eachother (if you're strangers). But OBVIOUSLY she told me to sit down next to her. Really close. So I got to hear more about her adventures at facebook and how her students dads has been hitting on her. The ride wasn't very long, so when we got off the bus I had to inerrupt her to get a chance to say good bye. She looked happy as hell and said good bye as well.

Fuck you, nice people.

Damn people trying to talk to you on (and off) the bus ! Damn them ! Big Grin

Damn them all! Sometimes a man just want to be left alone. I bet this happened because my beard is growing back. For some reason people always have found me aproachable when I have a beard.

RE: The Free Thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-26-2012 07:04 PM

(07-26-2012 06:49 PM)Nuudoru Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 04:34 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Damn people trying to talk to you on (and off) the bus ! Damn them ! Big Grin

Damn them all! Sometimes a man just want to be left alone. I bet this happened because my beard is growing back. For some reason people always have found me aproachable when I have a beard.

We need to unleash science - Does the amount of beard on Nuudoru positively correlate with how approachable people find him ?
I'll try and get a research grant

RE: The Free Thread - Beardy - 07-26-2012 07:29 PM

(07-26-2012 07:04 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 04:34 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Damn people trying to talk to you on (and off) the bus ! Damn them ! Big Grin

We need to unleash science - Does the amount of beard on Nuudoru positively correlate with how approachable people find him ?

Correlation does not automatically equal causation. We need to find out the underlying issues here. What does beardedness on Nuudoru change?

RE: The Free Thread - Nuudoru - 07-26-2012 07:58 PM

(07-26-2012 07:29 PM)Beardy Wrote:  

Correlation does not automatically equal causation. We need to find out the underlying issues here. What does beardedness on Nuudoru change?

Since I'm fat it probably just makes me look jolly. Like santa.

RE: The Free Thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-26-2012 08:00 PM

(07-26-2012 07:29 PM)Beardy Wrote:  

Causality 1 - Nuudoru's beard growing makes him more approachable
Causality 2 - People approaching Nuudoru makes his beard grow
BUT WHICH ONE IS IT
We have to determine this before investigating further

RE: The Free Thread - BumblebeeCody - 07-26-2012 09:46 PM

Fuck you, nice people.

Haha! That's me when I'm in the (London)Underground. When I'm doing my daily milling about in central I talk to random people. There's so many tourists there (obviously) and you get such interesting stories from people.

RE: The Free Thread - Beardy - 07-26-2012 09:53 PM

(07-26-2012 09:46 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  

Fuck you, nice people.

Haha! That's me when I'm in the (London)Underground. When I'm doing my daily milling about in central I talk to random people. There's so many tourists there (obviously) and you get such interesting stories from people.

I don't even like to make eye contact on the Underground. If you ever see me there LEAVE ME ALONE.

RE: The Free Thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-26-2012 09:55 PM

(07-26-2012 09:53 PM)Beardy Wrote:  I don't even like to make eye contact on the Underground. If you ever see me there LEAVE ME ALONE.

Never make eye-contact on the London Underground. Also mind the gap between the train and the platform.

RE: The Free Thread - Beardy - 07-26-2012 10:13 PM

(07-26-2012 09:55 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(07-26-2012 09:53 PM)Beardy Wrote:  I don't even like to make eye contact on the Underground. If you ever see me there LEAVE ME ALONE.

Never make eye-contact on the London Underground. Also mind the gap between the train and the platform.

Actually, what with the Olympics and all, just don't go on the Underground. Don't use any public transport. Don't use the airports. That's pretty much what we're being asked.