Did You Know Gaming? Forums
The Free Thread - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Free Thread (/thread-287.html)

RE: The Free Thread - Seydou - 07-20-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:"Our members have made a total of 10,065 posts in 680 threads."

10,000 posts ! Boom

I don't even have 100 posts in this forum and Nuudoru and Beardy are almost in 1000 posts.

RE: The Free Thread - The Antagonist - 07-20-2012 06:03 AM

Someone told me today that in Sweden, or at least half of Sweden, it's illegal to pee while standing. Is that true? Nuudoru, how do you pee?

RE: The Free Thread - Nuudoru - 07-20-2012 06:04 AM

(07-20-2012 06:03 AM)The Antagonist Wrote:  Someone told me today that in Sweden, or at least half of Sweden, it's illegal to pee while standing. Is that true? Nuudoru, how do you pee?

That's not true at all. Why would anyone make that up?! Personally I prefer to stand up. Unless I'm really tired, then I sit down.

RE: The Free Thread - The Antagonist - 07-20-2012 06:07 AM

(07-20-2012 06:04 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  
(07-20-2012 06:03 AM)The Antagonist Wrote:  Someone told me today that in Sweden, or at least half of Sweden, it's illegal to pee while standing. Is that true? Nuudoru, how do you pee?

That's not true at all. Why would anyone make that up?! Personally I prefer to stand up. Unless I'm really tired, then I sit down.

Hahaha, even if I'm tired i'll still pee standing. Anyway, I couldn't believe it either... I mean it's pretty stupid. But my source (my friend) is a pretty good one... that guy is a 24/h news channel.

RE: The Free Thread - BumblebeeCody - 07-20-2012 06:11 AM

(07-20-2012 06:07 AM)The Antagonist Wrote:  

Hahaha, even if I'm tired i'll still pee standing. Anyway, I couldn't believe it either... I mean it's pretty stupid. But my source (my friend) is a pretty good one... that guy is a 24/h news channel.

Would that news channel happen to be The Onion?

RE: The Free Thread - The Antagonist - 07-20-2012 08:27 AM

(07-20-2012 06:11 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  

No, I said a friend. I meant to say "that guy is like a 24/h news channel". My bad.

RE: The Free Thread - Mr.Katana - 07-20-2012 08:38 AM

(07-20-2012 08:27 AM)The Antagonist Wrote:  
(07-20-2012 06:11 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  

No, I said a friend. I meant to say "that guy is like a 24/h news channel". My bad.

Would that friend be a super golden friend?

RE: The Free Thread - cingchris - 07-20-2012 01:09 PM

[Image: 6LF2l.jpg]
I'm sorry but...what? I've seen this a few times now and I've always been perplexed at why it's necessary to tell me that it's someone's birthday on the forums when I don't know who it is and they don't want anyone to know their birth date.

RE: The Free Thread - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 07-21-2012 03:06 AM

(07-20-2012 01:09 PM)cingchris Wrote:  [Image: 6LF2l.jpg]
I'm sorry but...what? I've seen this a few times now and I've always been perplexed at why it's necessary to tell me that it's someone's birthday on the forums when I don't know who it is and they don't want anyone to know their birth date.

I've also noticed this, it makes no sense Big Grin

RE: The Free Thread - Sirion - 07-21-2012 02:00 PM

In the forums I used to lurk, when it was some known user's birthday, we made a thread to congratulate him for his day. It was cool and showed how people were close among themselves. Those threads would hardly happen if there wasn't any in-forum system to tell us that someone is getting older.

But I guess it doesn't work with all forums. When a forum has many members, it's hard for someone to get known enough to be remembered by others in such a way that they feel it'd be cool to congratulate him. Small forums tend to be more personal. DYKG forum grew very fast but I don't think it's already too late for that "approach".

RE: The Free Thread - cingchris - 07-21-2012 02:19 PM

(07-21-2012 02:00 PM)Sirion Wrote:  In the forums I used to lurk, when it was some known user's birthday, we made a thread to congratulate him for his day. It was cool and showed how people were close among themselves. Those threads would hardly happen if there wasn't any in-forum system to tell us that someone is getting older.

But I guess it doesn't work with all forums. When a forum has many members, it's hard for someone to get known enough to be remembered by others in such a way that they feel it'd be cool to congratulate him. Small forums tend to be more personal. DYKG forum grew very fast but I don't think it's already too late for that "approach".

I think you may have misunderstood me, I'm not confused at telling people when someone has a birthday, I'm confused with why they tell me "today's birthdays: 1 hidden" it makes no sense to tell me that information. All I know is it's someone's birthday but I have no idea who and whoever it is doesn't want their birth date to be known anyway, therefore I can not congratulate them because if I do say "whoever has a birthday today congratulations" if they say thank you then hiding their birth date would be pointless making this information unusable.

RE: The Free Thread - Sirion - 07-21-2012 02:30 PM

(07-21-2012 02:19 PM)cingchris Wrote:  
(07-21-2012 02:00 PM)Sirion Wrote:  In the forums I used to lurk, when it was some known user's birthday, we made a thread to congratulate him for his day. It was cool and showed how people were close among themselves. Those threads would hardly happen if there wasn't any in-forum system to tell us that someone is getting older.

I think you may have misunderstood me, I'm not confused at telling people when someone has a birthday, I'm confused with why they tell me "today's birthdays: 1 hidden" it makes no sense to tell me that information. All I know is it's someone's birthday but I have no idea who and whoever it is doesn't want their birth date to be known anyway, therefore I can not congratulate them because if I do say "whoever has a birthday today congratulations" if they say thank you then hiding their birth date would be pointless making this information unusable.

Oh, now I get it. My bad. Well, this didn't happen on the forums I lurked, I guess. Maybe it's only a matter of admin turning this useless info off. And if my experience with forums taught me something, there must be an option to do this somewhere in Admin CP. I just have no idea where it is.

RE: The Free Thread - Mr.Holmes - 07-21-2012 05:43 PM

Many bats go into the theater, only one joker comes out.
This crime perplexes me.
His motive? Probably a psychopath.
Was he angry that his favorite villain didn't make an appearance in the film? Oh the questions.

RE: The Free Thread - Nuudoru - 07-22-2012 06:04 AM

Ugh, today my old knee injury came back to haunt me and I hurt it pretty bad. Thank god it's nothing serious, but I might not be able to walk for a couple of days. That sucks.

Kids, take care of your knees.

RE: The Free Thread - BumblebeeCody - 07-22-2012 06:49 AM

(07-22-2012 06:04 AM)Nuudoru Wrote:  Ugh, today my old knee injury came back to haunt me and I hurt it pretty bad. Thank god it's nothing serious, but I might not be able to walk for a couple of days. That sucks.

Kids, take care of your knees.

I don't think sitting at your PC requires a lot of leg work anyway.

@ Mr.Holmes
Too....soon?