Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Looking for posters, any ideas? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Help me! (/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Looking for posters, any ideas? (/thread-2240.html)

Looking for posters, any ideas? - Arjahn - 02-10-2013 06:23 AM

I'm looking for somewhere to get some gaming posters that aren't absurdly expensive, any ideas? I used to get all of mine from Nintendo Power, but ever since they were canned I've been stuck.

RE: Looking for posters, any ideas? - Psychospacecow - 02-10-2013 06:36 AM

You can get some cheap ones, like $1, on Amazon if you look hard enough.

RE: Looking for posters, any ideas? - retrolinkx - 02-11-2013 07:13 AM

You could try and ask at some game stores, if they have any old ones, and you can buy some for cheap. I've bought pretty big posters for about £3 each.

RE: Looking for posters, any ideas? - BumblebeeCody - 02-14-2013 02:41 AM

I go to my local retailers and ask them for crap they don't want. They usually hand it over just fine free for for a small price. If not, then Skipping (Dumpster Diving) is your next best bet.

RE: Looking for posters, any ideas? - Arjahn - 02-14-2013 12:17 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, got a few cheap ones from a used game store near me, and Cody any retailers in particular?

RE: Looking for posters, any ideas? - BumblebeeCody - 02-15-2013 10:06 AM

(02-14-2013 12:17 PM)Arjahn Wrote:  Thanks for the advice guys, got a few cheap ones from a used game store near me, and Cody any retailers in particular?

You're in the US right? I've seen plenty of Gamestop dumpster diving videos to know they're a gold mine of chuckin' crap out or heck, just asking them for any promotional items they want (game case stands, posters, stickers, keychains etc).

Usually free for for a very small fee $5 which seems fair. I hear a lot about Gamestop but I wouldn't know of any other big retailer there you could try. Any shops that a closing down is a good place to find stuff. I got some good goodies from Blockbuster near me. GTA V and Max Payne 3 posters. GTA V are the best way to know how the shop works, ask if they're giving any out since they're the latest poster fest of these retailers.