Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Earthbound in the Works??? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Earthbound in the Works??? (/thread-1974.html)

Earthbound in the Works??? - Berry - 12-27-2012 09:33 AM

http://earthboundcentral.com/2012/12/itoi-announces-mother-developments/

So apparently,Shigesato Itoi claims that there is gonna “Mother republication”.And since I've been a huge fan since a friend of mine held me at gunpoint to play the damn game,What do you think what this "republication” is?

RE: Earthbound in the Works??? - Arjahn - 12-27-2012 12:30 PM

Well it's a publication, and they're doing it again...
[Image: tumblr_mcys9eU7nU1rjpf3yo1_400.gif]

But SERIOUSLY THOUGH, It might just be them porting Earthbound to the Wii U via Virtual Console or something, or it might be a a brand new earthbound adventure and everyone on the internet will simultaneously get a Ninten-boner™, hopefully the later.

RE: Earthbound in the Works??? - BumblebeeCody - 12-27-2012 11:48 PM

@Arjahn
I love how you trademarked Ninten-boner! XD

Ah crap now I have to pay you royalties for saying that.

RE: Earthbound in the Works??? - Ouberry_13 - 12-28-2012 03:06 AM

I doubt they'll make an entire new entry into the franchise. After Mother 3, they never touched the series again except for putting Ness and Lucas into the Smash Bros series. And honestly, I think it should stay untouched, and I hope this is just a port. Even though I never liked the games themselves, I can respect that they were good games with good stories. Since they were as good as they were, it would be a bit disrespectful to just cram another entry into the series after almost 7 years without anything else.

RE: Earthbound in the Works??? - Berry - 12-28-2012 12:42 PM

(12-28-2012 03:06 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  I doubt they'll make an entire new entry into the franchise. After Mother 3, they never touched the series again except for putting Ness and Lucas into the Smash Bros series. And honestly, I think it should stay untouched, and I hope this is just a port. Even though I never liked the games themselves, I can respect that they were good games with good stories. Since they were as good as they were, it would be a bit disrespectful to just cram another entry into the series after almost 7 years without anything else.

I totally agree with you,A new entry *looking at the fans who desperatly wants Mother 4* would just be insulting on Nintendo's part since they are not following the wishes of Shigesato Itoi,The guy is a genius in the Earthbound series and without him,there shouldn't be a mother 4/Earthbound 3.I just hope they make Remakes of it and i'll be a happy little nerdAngel

RE: Earthbound in the Works??? - Liamlikesmusic - 12-29-2012 01:17 AM

Mother 3 or Earthbound ported to the 3DS with a bit of a graphic update would be just perfect. For some reason I doubt anything will ever happen with the series outside of Japan though. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.