Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Favorite cartoons? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite cartoons? (/thread-1809.html)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite cartoons? - Mass Distraction - 11-26-2012 12:27 AM

So first of all, does anyone here watch any? We already have the MLP thread so it's kinda established that a few do watch that show but what else?

I was skipping through channels a few weeks past and found Cartoon Network. A few hours later... TIME WELL SPENT!!! I guess it's the nostalgia. It's nice to turn off your brain and just watch some cartoons every once in a while.

Back when I was a kid there used to be sooo many great shows being shown, like these for example: [link]

Nowadays that stuff is certainly a lot different. Not necessarily bad, I've found there to be a few that are actually really enjoyable, like the new My Little Pony show and Adventure Time.

I guess this is another thing you should know about. I can't make short opening posts.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Xannidel - 11-26-2012 12:34 AM

I grew up in the 90s so my favorite cartoons would be shows like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Catdog, Ahhh Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Dexter's Lab, Cow and Chicken, Ed Edd n Eddy and other shows like that.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Fawkesdye - 11-26-2012 01:13 AM

I really miss Catdog, but one show I actually started re-watching recently is courage the cowardly dog.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Mass Distraction - 11-26-2012 04:13 AM

Phew, just ended watching an Adventure Time marathon on Cartoon Network. That show is friggin' awesome.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Beware of Cuccos - 11-26-2012 11:44 PM

I don't watch a lot of cartoons anymore, but here's some I remember from when I was younger up through today.

The Simpsons, Daria, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis and Butt-Head, Futurama, Rugrats, South Park, Inspector Gadget, Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Beetlejuice, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-27-2012 05:21 AM

Pretty much the stereotypical 90's cartoons for me Big Grin

Also some goddam blue's clues up in this ish (partly cartoon)

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Mass Distraction - 11-27-2012 05:31 AM

I've been watching some more Adventure Time and been searching online for more info on it and God damn, that series has such a dark background. It's pretty deep too when you get into it. It gets me all existential, or like Finn would say, "soul-searchy".

RE: Favorite cartoons? - TheRealJDawgz - 11-27-2012 10:31 AM

Foster's Home of Imaginary Friends was my fucking childhood

Also Camp Lazlo and Avatar were pretty cool too

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Beware of Cuccos - 11-28-2012 12:17 AM

(11-27-2012 05:21 AM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  Pretty much the stereotypical 90's cartoons for me Big Grin

Also some goddam blue's clues up in this ish (partly cartoon)

Yes! Blue's Clues!

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Berry - 11-28-2012 07:39 AM

Favorite Cartoon:
The Tick
Batman
TMNT

RE: Favorite cartoons? - BumblebeeCody - 11-28-2012 11:42 AM

Lets see err.
Rugrats was pretty cool

More mature cartoon:
err... Afro Samurai I guess.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Snake3324 - 11-29-2012 03:45 AM

Fosters? Eh... Fosters was one of those shows where their mini movie debut was better than their show

DON'T THINK I'M STARING AT YOU JIMMY MOTHER FUCKING NEUTRON!

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Lightmatt - 11-29-2012 03:56 AM

I grew up during the 90s, but most cartoons I watched were Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, and some of their older cartoons like Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, and The Jetsons.

Other cartoons I went back to watch are the Steven Spielberg produced toons like Tiny Toon Adventures and "Freakazoid!".

RE: Favorite cartoons? - Snake3324 - 11-29-2012 04:10 AM

You know, you can be married, and STILL eat a lot of meat.

... I didn't know that...

Best line in a cartoon, EVER! ..... That and the "frying pan, drying pan" joke from Pokemon.

RE: Favorite cartoons? - BumblebeeCody - 11-29-2012 04:18 AM

(11-29-2012 03:56 AM)Lightmatt Wrote:  I grew up during the 90s, but most cartoons I watched were Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, and some of their older cartoons like Space Ghost, Johnny Quest, and The Jetsons.

Other cartoons I went back to watch are the Steven Spielberg produced toons like Tiny Toon Adventures and "Freakazoid!".

Oh my how could I forget pretty much all of Cartoon network. I never really got into Johnny Bravo. But holy crap, Dexter: Omelette Du Fromage! Gotta love MEGAS XLR, Ed Edd and Eddy and some like Samurai Jack. Honestly Samurai Jack is a work of art. Now that I'm grown up I see how well crafted the series is and that it's not a generic cartoon.

Such an amazing fight with great atmosphere and shots combined with intense use of sounds and music.