Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Windows 8 - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Windows 8 (/thread-1745.html)

Windows 8 - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-14-2012 10:44 PM

I'm in the preliminary stages of thinking about perhaps pondering the eventual purchase of a computer.

I don't like the look of Windows 8, what with its boxes, and lack of downloading whatever software from whatever website and start bar. However, I don't really want to shoot it down without having tried it. In the mean time, does anyone have a Windows 8 computer ? How is it and do you like it ?

Also - General Windows 8 discussion thread Sleepy

RE: Windows 8 - Xannidel - 11-14-2012 11:42 PM

Any new OS I avoid until maybe 6-8 months after it is released so I can have OTHER people be the beta testers and find the bugs and what not. I am still a bigger fan of XP then Vista/7 but I had to "upgrade" myself. Sadly I know little to nothing about 8.

RE: Windows 8 - Earthboundy - 11-15-2012 12:08 PM

I upgraded to Windows about a week ago, and I'm loving it. While the app store is quite empty I love the how integrated Xbox, and Windows Phone 7 are. I also the how I can run two things at once, and Xbox video store.

RE: Windows 8 - Antwan - 11-16-2012 03:31 PM

I know that you can change to the regular desktop mode if you want to in Windows, but there is a jarring difference now: The Start Menu button is gone. Make of that what you will.