Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Slenderman - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Slenderman (/thread-1631.html)

Pages: 1 2

Slenderman - Xannidel - 10-26-2012 10:38 AM

So yeah this is probably a little old/out dated but after watching numerous people play Slenderman I have to ask 2 questions. 1) Have you or anyone you known BEATEN Slenderman. 2) I know your flashlight runs out eventually and when it does, are there any batteries somewhere or is that just a dick move pulled by the developers because it seems like you can't win the game when that happens and so I am having a tough time understanding why they did that. Was it to teach us that some games are just un-winnable or what?

RE: Slenderman - Ouberry_13 - 10-26-2012 11:34 AM

There is no way to win. Even if you get all 8 pages, Slendy still comes after you. And no, there are no extra batteries.

Personally, I never liked the game. It was boring and not even frightening.

RE: Slenderman - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-26-2012 11:37 AM

Never tried to game. Saw a few videos and it just involved screaming and running

RE: Slenderman - Xannidel - 10-26-2012 11:38 AM

Ah okay, well I hear some of the source games DO have endings and they do a lot of work to make their versions unique but oh well. I hear it got on Steam Greenlight.

RE: Slenderman - A Zombie Riot - 10-26-2012 11:42 AM

People have beaten it. The closest one of my friends have gotten was either 5 or 6 pages.

And the flashlight running out of batteries is just a scare-effect, really. Still possible to beat the game without it.

(10-26-2012 11:34 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  There is no way to win. Even if you get all 8 pages, Slendy still comes after you. And no, there are no extra batteries.

Personally, I never liked the game. It was boring and not even frightening.

There's no technical "win" with Slender. But it's a win when you get all 8 pages anyways.

RE: Slenderman - Zaliphone - 10-27-2012 10:52 AM

I never played it, but I think it looks bad. I've said it before, but games that simply rely on jump scares to be a horror game are a joke. Jump scares are a poor excuse to find a game scary.
Unless you're prone to heart attacks or something...

RE: Slenderman - Hexadecimal - 10-30-2012 03:00 AM

The first time you play is the only chance of getting scared by it. After that, it just gets boring.

Candles is kinda fun, though. Not really scary, but I like the atmosphere, and there is a definite ending so you know you've won.

RE: Slenderman - Shirahime - 10-30-2012 11:28 PM

(10-30-2012 03:00 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:  The first time you play is the only chance of getting scared by it. After that, it just gets boring.

Slender while I enjoy it, really is only good the first time you play it like you said. After that, it becomes predictable.

RE: Slenderman - BumblebeeCody - 11-01-2012 10:54 PM

I watched a few videos on people "playing" it (by playing I mean, over reacting to predictable scares ....nice ps1 graphics though).

The only thing I know about Slenderman though is the back story, the random images and watching a lot of Marble Hornets

RE: Slenderman - Arjahn - 11-02-2012 01:16 AM

(11-01-2012 10:54 PM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  I watched a few videos on people "playing" it (by playing I mean, over reacting to predictable scares ....nice ps1 graphics though).

The only thing I know about Slenderman though is the back story, the random images and watching a lot of Marble Hornets

...shut up :c

RE: Slenderman - Hexadecimal - 11-02-2012 01:17 AM

...I'll be honest; this first time I watched someone playing it I jumped really bad as well.

RE: Slenderman - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 11-02-2012 07:20 AM

Hahaha that was hilarious, Arjahn
You should've put a counter at the top left, counting how many times you said "fuck" Big Grin

RE: Slenderman - Ouberry_13 - 11-02-2012 08:54 AM

(11-02-2012 01:16 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  ...shut up :c

Don't take this the wrong way, but...you have a nice voice.

RE: Slenderman - A Zombie Riot - 11-02-2012 08:59 AM

Well, that's pretty clear that you should take it the wrong way, Arjahn.

And now that sounded completely wrong and dirty. Sad

RE: Slenderman - BumblebeeCody - 11-02-2012 09:08 AM

Arjahns voice[Image: Kreygasm.png]

Also, how doth thine shit brix whilst one is playing in daylight? Atmosphere is at a low, yes?