Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Reviews - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Reviews (/thread-160.html)

Reviews - GamingGuineaPig - 06-27-2012 02:18 AM

ok, my suggestion is to do a forum when you can do reviews of the games you like, following some rules (duration, graphics, fun, easter eggs...) it will help people that don't know if buy a game or not.

RE: Reviews - SparoHawk - 06-27-2012 02:59 AM

Hey The_Gaming_Guinea_Pig, great idea. How about we work on a review template? Let's see if I can start it.

Rate from 1 to 10:
Graphics
Sound
Story
Characters
Game play
Enjoyment
Replay Value
Overall Score (individual overall score, not based on an average of the others. Overall, how would you score the game).

Detail:
Preview
Review, no spoilers please. If you do, warn ahead for users that have not yet played it.
Images of game (if possible)

RE: Reviews - Nuudoru - 06-27-2012 03:01 AM

Why can't it just be a thread about reviewing games? Or am I missing the point of it all?

RE: Reviews - SparoHawk - 06-27-2012 03:05 AM

The forum structure premise has not been given yet. Truly organization is at hand. How to distribute such reviews?

Console Forum > Game Forum > Reviews Forum > (one thread per user)
Console Forum > Game Forum > Review thread (index of reviews by users, linked of course; thread only to be used to post reviews)
Console Forum > Game thread (just, um, throw random reviews and have an index on first post?)

Any other ways? Besides having a website section specific for game reviews only. Or, alternatively, link to outside sources of reviews like GameFAQs?

RE: Reviews - GamingGuineaPig - 06-27-2012 03:30 AM

there should be 2 forums because sometimes workin on a review takes a long time so we have 2 option, 1 copy all the "in construction" post on a notepad or in another forum called
working in...

RE: Reviews - SparoHawk - 06-27-2012 06:05 AM

Well, that's what your draft posts are for. So you can create and have saved topics you want to publish further along.