Did You Know Gaming? Forums
I'm just some short kid - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+---- Forum: Introduce yourself. (/forum-12.html)
+---- Thread: I'm just some short kid (/thread-1535.html)

I'm just some short kid - ShortKidSean - 10-06-2012 12:20 AM

As much as I hate introductions... Hi!

Names Sean! Big Grin
I've been playing vidya since I was about 2 and haven't stopped since.
I'm ultimately a PC elitist, though I do have an xbox and ps3... which get almost no use.

I'm 16 years old, and the biggest thing about me: I'm a cancer survivor. Big Grin
February 27, 2013 I'll be 3 years in remission (No more chemotherapy!).

I had a bone cancer, Ewing's Sarcoma, which is a tumor that I had in my right leg, in my femur I believe. It's mostly common in boys ages 9-21 (I was 12 when I was diagnosed) and I had to suffer through a year and a half's worth of chemotherapy.

The 12th I'll officially be a month out of surgery. I had to have a prosthetic replaced, which acted as my knee and part of my femur and tibia.

I hope that explains a bit about me, and I'm VERY open about my Cancer if anyone has any questions feel free to ask! Smile

RE: I'm just some short kid - Snake3324 - 10-06-2012 01:28 AM

Welcome to the forums bro!

And congrats on surviving!

RE: I'm just some short kid - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-06-2012 03:12 AM

S'up shawtay - welcome to the forums !

Glad to have another PC gamer onboard - we can shun the console peasants Cool

Truth be told, I would like to play on my 360, but I'm currently half way around the world away from it

RE: I'm just some short kid - Xannidel - 10-08-2012 04:23 AM

Damn, nice opener and welcome!
You have my respect good sir!

I do not think I could handle chemo at that age but I am happy to hear that others can and they kicked it's ass while doing so.

RE: I'm just some short kid - retrolinkx - 10-08-2012 04:49 AM

Even though I don't know you well, I'm happy you survived, it's always horrible to see someone die from something like Cancer, regardless of who they are.

Also welcome to the forum.

RE: I'm just some short kid - A Zombie Riot - 10-08-2012 06:23 AM

Welcome to the forums!

RE: I'm just some short kid - ShortKidSean - 10-08-2012 10:15 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it means a lot!! ^^

@SERIOUSLY: [Image: pcgamingmasterrace.jpg] Wink

@Xannidel: Truth be told, I don't think I'd have made it if it wasn't for my family. My mom stayed with me practically 24/7 to make sure I was alright.

@Retrolink: Thank you. What you say is true, cancer itself is horrible... I've had to see many kids, infants even, hooked up to chemotherapy and you just die a little inside. :/

RE: I'm just some short kid - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 10-08-2012 10:36 AM

(10-08-2012 10:15 AM)ShortKidSean Wrote:  @SERIOUSLY: [Image: pcgamingmasterrace.jpg] Wink

Holyshit; a ZeroPunctuation reference to top it all off - You have all the right words Cool