Did You Know Gaming? Forums
A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: A movie you didn't expect to be good. (/thread-1473.html)

Pages: 1 2

A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Xannidel - 09-23-2012 01:41 AM

A long thread title but it says it all. What is THAT one movie that you thought would either suck or just not be that good due to reviewers or friends telling you it sucks.

For me it was Radio, rottentomatos.com gave it a 36% and the reviewers were none to positive either. I watched the movie countless times and I can never see the "flaws" others see. It is a movie I would recommend to people to check out if you ever get the chance. Yeah you sort of feel pity for the mentally challenged "Radio" but it was also based on a true story.

So I ask you all what movie you saw that turned out to be good when others say it sucked.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Snake3324 - 09-23-2012 02:49 AM

The Last Airbender

Come on this M. Night Shamalamadingdong we're talkin' about here.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Symphony - 09-23-2012 03:22 AM

Rhapsody in August.
I had to watch it for a history assignment on high school. It's a fairly old film that I really thought would be a pain to watch through. However, after watching it twice, it's on my list of favorite movies up to now.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - BumblebeeCody - 09-23-2012 06:12 AM

Amélie

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Zaliphone - 09-23-2012 08:48 AM

Kick-Ass
I didn't really think much of the movie at the time, but when I saw it I knew it was...
*puts on glasses*
KICK ASS!

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Hexadecimal - 09-23-2012 11:12 AM

One day my mom was like "You're coming with me to see Chicago!" and I was all "This looks boring! No! I don't want to see a musical!".

It's one of my favorite movies of all time. Turns out I do like musicals if there's good chunks of just speaking lines as well. Like, Rent is pretty good, but it gets to be a bit too long and all the songs start to drag it down.

With Chicago there's just the right amount and I liked the older style that was used.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Xannidel - 09-23-2012 11:53 AM

There was only one play that I remember watching that was not a school field trip and that was to see Fame, I do not remember much from it but I did enjoy it.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - LoneWanderer - 09-24-2012 08:51 AM

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. I hadn't heard of Hunter S. Thompson at the time or his work. He is now one of my idols.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Beware of Cuccos - 09-24-2012 11:47 AM

Today my friend made me watch Cabin in the Woods. I thought it was going to be one of those cheesy teen everyone-dies-but-the-nerd-girl horrors. My friend kept saying "Just watch. You're better with horror movies than I am. Help me understand it." I was all confused like "What the hell could there be to understand about some teen horror flick?" I was so wrong. And impressed. I loved it.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Gardocki - 09-24-2012 03:00 PM

21 Jump Street
Everything Must Go

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Arjahn - 09-25-2012 10:52 AM

Rubber
Everyone hated it, I thought it was so absurd it was awesome, plus it didn't take itself seriously at all, and it broke the fourth wall constantly, you gotta love when a movie can pull that off.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Kärlekstrollet - 09-27-2012 12:27 AM

The girl with the dragon tattoo(Swedish version, US as well)

I've a certain hate against Swedish films in general, bit stale and generic to older swedish films.
But the Millennium trilogy surprised me a lot.

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - raccoonstarsmember - 09-28-2012 07:24 AM

21 Jump Street

John Carter

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - Nicknclank - 09-30-2012 10:48 AM

Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil. Just by reading, you think it's gonna be bad. But it's one of the funniest movies I watched this year. Same goes for Kick-Ass (I thought it was a parody of Spider-man Confused)

RE: A movie you didn't expect to be good. - raccoonstarsmember - 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

(09-30-2012 10:48 AM)Nicknclank Wrote:  Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil. Just by reading, you think it's gonna be bad. But it's one of the funniest movies I watched this year.
True!