Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? (/thread-1356.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Xannidel - 09-07-2012 10:10 AM

*Fanboy squeal of delight*
THANK YOU CAPCOM!
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/05/ace-attorney-5-coming-to-us-and-europe/
This will be the thing that makes me proud to own a 3DS (until Luigi's Mansion that is)
I do not think I have ever talked bout my utter JOY in the AA series. They were the sole reason for me getting a DS and playing the 3 Phoenix Wright games, the Apollo Justice game and the first Miles Edgeworth game (because capcom are ASSHOLES and won't release the second Miles Edgeworth game) and they have yet to disappoint me.

To any who are unfamiliar with the franchise let me try to sum it up
[Image: objection.jpg]
This sums it all up really, the first 3 games you play Phoenix Wright who is a new defense attorney who strives to get a Not Guilty verdict and the games play in different ways: you have the court scenes were you have witness testimony where you have to find the contradiction in their statments using the evidence you find in the other parts of the game; and the second part of the game is going from area to area near crime scenes to talk to witnesses and gather evidence to use in court.
All the characters are all charming and very remember-able and some of their dialogs are just down right epic.

The only game that is different is the Miles Edgeworth game(s) where you are not in court but are investigating scenes and trying to solve murderers with your partner Detective Dick Gumshoe.

This new game will come AFTER Apollo Justice and if anyone has played this series will probably be all "say whaa-" so I am 100% excited for this.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - BumblebeeCody - 09-07-2012 10:16 AM

I am excited for this. I'm currently playing through the Ace Attorney games on my DS.
I've come to the conclusion that Ema Skye needs to be killed off ASAP.

Can't wait for this though, but really need that Miles Edgeworth 2 game first!

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Xannidel - 09-07-2012 10:23 AM

NOOO Ema Skye gets better in the next games I promise (I assume you are on case 5 of the first game?)

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - BumblebeeCody - 09-07-2012 10:27 AM

(09-07-2012 10:23 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  NOOO Ema Skye gets better in the next games I promise (I assume you are on case 5 of the first game?)

Oh yes. I never played Rise from the Ashes and this [expletive deleted] is [expletive deleted] stupid. Driving me nuts. She has zero redeeming qualities; a bit cute sure, but other than that she needs to die. She's not dumb cute like Maya, just "not funny dumb". I played the games out of order so I'm going through them again/any cases I never completed.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-07-2012 10:31 AM

Still waiting for Edgeworth Investigations II before getting excited for this. Gimme moar Edgeworth !

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Xannidel - 09-07-2012 10:42 AM

Here is my logic for you SERIOUSLY, If sales for AA5 is really good then I believe Capcom will localize AI2.

And Cody, Emma is pretty annoying in Rise from the Ashes but in AJ and AI1 she is better, well not a whole lot in AJ but she is pretty cute in AI1. I still do not like Pearl, I do not like her theme and I do not like her attitude at all. But that is just me.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Zaliphone - 09-07-2012 11:51 AM

I love those games so much. The story for each case just sucks me in. I admit, I haven't played the Miles Edgeworth games, I really need to get to those. I also can't wait for the Ace Attorney and Professor Layton crossover. It's seriously one of the main reasons I got a 3DS.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-07-2012 09:11 PM

(09-07-2012 10:42 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  Here is my logic for you SERIOUSLY, If sales for AA5 is really good then I believe Capcom will localize AI2.

I hope you're right, that or imma have to start learning Japanese Wink

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Xannidel - 09-07-2012 09:26 PM

(09-07-2012 09:11 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 10:42 AM)Xannidel Wrote:  Here is my logic for you SERIOUSLY, If sales for AA5 is really good then I believe Capcom will localize AI2.

I hope you're right, that or imma have to start learning Japanese Wink

You and me both, or sadly wait for a translated ROM which does not sit well with me.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 09-07-2012 09:34 PM

(09-07-2012 09:26 PM)Xannidel Wrote:  or sadly wait for a translated ROM which does not sit well with me.

Awww hell no !
The AA translators have done such a good job translating all the names and jokes and references, that I wouldn't risk the quality of the game on a poor translation.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Xannidel - 09-07-2012 11:14 PM

I understand why you would not use a ROM, as would I but I am having enough issues learning French, I do not think I would be able to learn Japanese.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - retrolinkx - 09-08-2012 01:39 AM

Ah, thank God Capcom are releasing this in Europe and America.

Also Damn Phoenix, you look fine.

ALSO THE PAYNE TRAIN'S BROTHER IS LOOKING DAMN FINE TOO.

Still, Investigations 2...

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Hexadecimal - 09-08-2012 02:22 AM

The following opinionated post is opinionated.

I actually think Emma gets worse and worse every time you see her; the only character morer annoying than her is Trucy. I'm also confused about the praise Capcom got for their translation since 6th graders have better spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proof reading skills then the Capcom team who does these games. AAI was significantly better, though, and had just a few errors that were very forgivable.

Has it been confirmed if Phoenix will be the MC of 5? To be honest, I found Apollo Justice to be so bad I couldn't even give a second play through because there wasn't a single character I liked, their designs were ugly, and the cases just made me want to bang my head against the wall.
I'm also scared to death that maybe Capcom will give us another punch in the gut. I refuse to get excited about this because of how absolutely devastated I was over AAI2. AAI renewed my hope in the series with how fun it was from the cases, game play, and humor.

Sorry if I sound like such a negative Nancy but this series is serious business to me.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - BumblebeeCody - 09-08-2012 09:23 AM

@Hexadecimal
That's cool. The only reason I own the Ace Attorney games on DS is because they're limited in amount (rare DS games) despite hearing "meh" reviews about AJ and MEI, they're still worth having in a game collection. Just about to finish Rise from the Ashes and damn it's getting intense. I hope (like Hexadecimal said) Capcom don't punch us in the gut and say "We had to cancel the game because of the fans". Seeing how ME2 hasn't been translated yet and they've got this new Phoenix Wright game in the works, it doesn't sound good.

Also the 3DS is region locked so we can't import it if they (for some raison) don't finish translating it.

Again what Hexadecimal, the translation was pretty good but I noticed so many errors that's actually pretty bad for a company on the scale of Capcom.

RE: Ace Attorney 5!?!?!? - Hexadecimal - 09-09-2012 04:14 AM

Sadly I can't find it anymore because so much time has passed, but I think some dude named Sven or something like that who works with Capcom said that although Edgey's sequel didn't get released it doesn't mean they won't release games that involve the main timeline since those have sold OK. Still, it's Capcom, so I won't hold my breath. Ever since the backlash happened that guy actually strung us along by claiming AAI2 still may have a chance, but look how long it's been and we still don't have a final answer.

I don't care if I can play the fifth game since AAI2 has nothing to do with it. The first fleshed in more of Franny and Edgey's pasts and I've seen screen that have Gregory Edgeworth for the second, which is a huge deal to me. I haven't looked at any spoilers, but I would freak out if we got to play as Gregory for a case.

See, that's actually a massive reason why I play the games. Sure, the cases are fun, but we also get to know the characters! There were so many epic twists and turns with the first three games my jaw nearly dropped. Dahlia Hawthorne is one badass bitch.