Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Mark Hamill as the Joker - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+----- Forum: Rejected Submissions (/forum-20.html)
+----- Thread: Mark Hamill as the Joker (/thread-1340.html)

Mark Hamill as the Joker - Hexadecimal - 09-05-2012 12:20 PM

This might be stretching it, but I thought I'd try. Also, I'll probably be out of potential Did You Knows? after this, so I'll stop bothering you.

Mark Hamill got his start as the Joker voice from Batman: The Animated Series. However, did you know he wasn't the first choice? Hamill got to play the part of a one shot henchman but really wanted to play the Joker. However, Tim Curry had already been cast for the role!

Although no voice clips can be found on the internet, it has been said that Curry had recorded dialog for at least one episode. The problem was that his voice was seen as being far too creepy for the kids and, being a heavy smoker, Curry had a hard time with the voice.

After Curry was dropped Hamill was quickly approached for the role and the rest is history. What does this have to do with video games? Well, who knows what would have happened if Curry had been able to pull off the role? Chances are we would not have heard Hamill's awesome portrayal of him in either Arkham Asylum or City.

RE: Mark Hamill as the Joker - A Zombie Riot - 09-05-2012 12:34 PM

Well... Curry did voice Nigel.

I love Tim Curry!

RE: Mark Hamill as the Joker - Hexadecimal - 09-05-2012 12:37 PM

(09-05-2012 12:34 PM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  Well... Curry did voice Nigel.

I love Tim Curry!

He voiced a lot of cartoon characters in the 90s. Off the top of my head, though, in addition to Nigel I can only remember Princess Sally's father from one of the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons, Taurus Bulba from Darkwing Duck, and (I'm going to butcher this name) Anton Sevarious from Gargoyles.

He uses pretty much the same voice for these characters, so I really wish I could hear just exactly how he did the Joker. Maybe something a little like how he did It? I still can't believe he was that freaking clown xD

RE: Mark Hamill as the Joker - A Zombie Riot - 09-05-2012 12:42 PM

There hasn't been a single thing that he has done that I've hated.

RE: Mark Hamill as the Joker - DidYouKnowGaming - 09-05-2012 01:08 PM

Not really gaming oriented, even though it is interesting.

RE: Mark Hamill as the Joker - Skarro - 09-06-2012 11:22 PM

Did you know Mark Hamill is the voice of the Joker in Arkham City/Asylum? That could be a DYK