Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forum-15.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? (/thread-126.html)

Pages: 1 2

Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - voidofenigmas - 06-26-2012 04:38 PM

Granted they wore out after a while but they last longer then ps3 controllers, I found them incredibly comfortable and the layout was top notch at the time. Don't flame me, honest question lol.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Scormac - 06-26-2012 04:39 PM

Wouldn't say love but didn't have any troubles with them back then (i did not own a n64 tho)

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Tajasaurus - 06-26-2012 04:44 PM

They layout was rad, and the were super comfortable, it's just a shame that the analogue sticks would always die. Especially if you played a lot of Mario Party.

Trying to light that light bulb on that bike to get rid of that ghost destroyed my hands AND controllers.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - voidofenigmas - 06-26-2012 04:50 PM

glad you guys agree with me somewhat.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Arjahn - 06-28-2012 03:01 AM

Yeah durability aside, they were insanely comfortable, especially if you wanted to sit down and play Banjo Kazooie for a few hours without your hands getting sore.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Xannidel - 06-28-2012 03:05 AM

I LOVED the N64 controller, I never had one crap out on me (regardless to the amount of Mario Party I would play)
It was not only comfortable to hold but the controls were easy to use.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Cookiez - 06-28-2012 03:20 AM

I always loved the N64 controller, but I could never get used the way Turok played.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - cingchris - 06-28-2012 03:31 AM

The only trouble I had with them is when the joy stick would wear out and I would have to push harder on it to make it work, got lots of blisters on my left thumb playing that old thing and still do if I decide to fire it up.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Nuudoru - 06-28-2012 03:39 AM

My only real problem with the controller is the analouge stick and the waste of buttons when you had to play with the stick.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Seydou - 06-28-2012 04:01 AM

The N64 joystick was really great.My cousin had a N64 and we used
to play Mario Kart 64 during all day.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - dastardly - 06-28-2012 04:03 AM

It's kind of strange. I can't really handle the N64 controller now - but as a kid I had absolutely no problem with them. I even played them with one hand only for a long, long time. I wonder if anyone else did that? And I mean I played a *lot*. My N64 (which I still own, its just in storage) is probably my most played console of all time.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Hanekoma - 06-28-2012 05:22 AM

I loved the controller it was super comfortable and my fingers were always near the buttons that I needed to play games like super smash bros. or starfox 64 or majora's mask. I also really liked the gamecube controller because after the playstation 2 controller it might be the best one for me anyway.

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Beware of Cuccos - 06-28-2012 05:48 AM

I love them. I still have a Nintendo 64 (two, actually, including my gold Zelda edition), and I play it all the time. It's probably all around my favorite console.

(06-28-2012 03:01 AM)Arjahn Wrote:  Yeah durability aside, they were insanely comfortable, especially if you wanted to sit down and play Banjo Kazooie for a few hours without your hands getting sore.

I thought I was the only one to play Banjo-Kazooie! Big Grin

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Tonus - 06-28-2012 07:44 AM

i had a transparent green one, it was awesome, the only time i was bothered about which specific controller i used

RE: Am I the only one that loved n64 controllers? - Chomp - 06-28-2012 08:02 AM

I absolutely LOVED the N64 controller! I never had one die on me either. I still have the original two I had when we first bought an N64 bundled with Pokemon Snap! when the console first came out (same console, too). I love this system to death.

My fave games were Spiderman, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, Goldeneye64, and the Tony Hawk games.