Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Signature's suck... - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Signature's suck... (/thread-1226.html)

Pages: 1 2

Signature's suck... - agentkuo - 08-24-2012 10:10 PM

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I'll suggest it anyway.

Is there any way we can get the size limit for signatures decreased?
I hate scrolling down a page and then being stopped by someone's signature that's so big you have to scroll through it. I would like to be able to scroll down the entire page in one swift swoop, but I can't half the time.

I don't necessarily think signatures should be removed (although that wouldn't bother me), I just think the height limit should be small enough that scrolling won't be an issue.

RE: Signature's suck... - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-24-2012 10:11 PM

What platform are you viewing the forum on. Sigs that are too large are scrolled themselves

EDIT - On my Blackberry, the sigs appear in full. That may be your issue.

RE: Signature's suck... - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-25-2012 12:31 AM

What web browser are you using, and on what kind of device?

RE: Signature's suck... - A Zombie Riot - 08-25-2012 03:05 AM

I use Chrome and I have the same exact issue.

RE: Signature's suck... - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-25-2012 03:08 AM

(08-25-2012 03:05 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  I use Chrome and I have the same exact issue.

That's strange, I also use chrome. Tried it on Firefox and IE and it's the same in each.

RE: Signature's suck... - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-25-2012 04:53 AM

Are you by chance using adblock? The only thing I can think of is that you're blocking some of the code that restricts the signature size.

RE: Signature's suck... - A Zombie Riot - 08-25-2012 05:04 AM

Issue still exists.

RE: Signature's suck... - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-25-2012 08:01 PM

Since the signature restriction code is working for the majority of users, it must be something wrong on your end. I can't really do anything about it.

RE: Signature's suck... - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-25-2012 08:10 PM

(08-25-2012 05:04 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  Issue still exists.

I tried changing my screen resolution, changing the amount of colours displayed, using an external monitor, but the signature scroll works fine in all instances.

It's probably an issue with your Chrome, try tampering with some settings (maybe you have a setting that forces the browser to show every image in full ?)

RE: Signature's suck... - A Zombie Riot - 08-26-2012 01:57 AM

It doesn't bother me at all, actually.

RE: Signature's suck... - BumblebeeCody - 08-26-2012 10:42 AM

(08-24-2012 10:10 PM)agentkuo Wrote:  I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I'll suggest it anyway.

Is there any way we can get the size limit for signatures decreased?
I hate scrolling down a page and then being stopped by someone's signature that's so big you have to scroll through it. I would like to be able to scroll down the entire page in one swift swoop, but I can't half the time.

I don't necessarily think signatures should be removed (although that wouldn't bother me), I just think the height limit should be small enough that scrolling won't be an issue.

Have you tried tapping the monitor or restarting the modem?

RE: Signature's suck... - agentkuo - 08-27-2012 05:45 AM

Wow, I guess I haven't checked this in a long time.
Okay, to answer your questions:
(08-25-2012 12:31 AM)DidYouKnowGaming Wrote:  What web browser are you using, and on what kind of device?
Firefox, on Windows XP, Desktop.

(08-25-2012 04:53 AM)DidYouKnowGaming Wrote:  Are you by chance using adblock? The only thing I can think of is that you're blocking some of the code that restricts the signature size.
No, I'm not using AdBlock.

(08-25-2012 08:01 PM)DidYouKnowGaming Wrote:  Since the signature restriction code is working for the majority of users, it must be something wrong on your end. I can't really do anything about it.
It's not anything I'm doing. It's an issue within the forum itself. I don't have this issue on any of the other forums I frequent or have frequented.

(08-25-2012 08:10 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  
(08-25-2012 05:04 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  Issue still exists.

I tried changing my screen resolution, changing the amount of colours displayed, using an external monitor, but the signature scroll works fine in all instances.
The issue isn't that the scroll for signatures isn't working, the issue is that it's there in the first place. It's not a technical issue, it's an issue of annoyance. the fact that signature scroll exists is causing me problem while scrolling down pages, because I'm stopped and forced to scroll through the signature before I scroll down the rest of the page. (The only way to prevent this is if I hovwe the cursor over the scroll bar on the right side of the screen while scrolling, but I shouldn't have to do that.)

(08-26-2012 10:42 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  Have you tried tapping the monitor or restarting the modem?
This wouldn't make any difference as the problem is with the forum and not my computer.

RE: Signature's suck... - cingchris - 08-27-2012 06:17 AM

Dude it's probably a problem with the forum glitching for some users or you and Riot both have some sort of problem on your ends messing the code up I don't know what the problem is, but the signatures are limited to a size and get a scroll bar if they're too big, (which isn't that big if you look at Arjahn's signature that is what I believe is the limit before it gets a scroll bar) that problem was addressed a long time ago because there were some people with these huge .gif files that would take forever to load and were almost always bigger than the actual post it was pretty annoying. So yeah you are just gonna have to do some tinkering to try and find the problem.

RE: Signature's suck... - agentkuo - 08-27-2012 08:06 AM

It's not a problem. I think you're confused. It's not a glitch, it's not a problem or a coding error. It's a feature of the forum. You said it yourself, "...the signatures are limited to a size and get a scroll bar if they're too big...". The scroll bar is the problem. The fact that it's there is the problem.

The solution is to limit the height (or size in general) allowed for signatures. That's what I'm asking for. The scroll bar just makes scrolling through the forum more difficult.

RE: Signature's suck... - cingchris - 08-27-2012 08:49 AM

Oh, okay well then I have a suggestion put your mouse on the left side of the screen and scroll, it only scrolls the signature if you have your mouse over it.