Did You Know Gaming? Forums
2 Mario Ones. - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+----- Forum: Rejected Submissions (/forum-20.html)
+----- Thread: 2 Mario Ones. (/thread-1185.html)

2 Mario Ones. - retrolinkx - 08-20-2012 10:43 PM

In the original Super Mario Brothers, if the player finishes a level as the timer is on a 1, 3 or 6 on any level with a flagpole, fireworks will explode in the air depending on what time you finished the level, so if the player finished the level at 346, 6 fireworks would sound off.

If I remember correctly, this also happens in New Super Mario Bros, but I could be wrong.

In Super Smash Brother Melee, when the player is playing the adventure mode, on the first level (Mushroom Kingdom) the player finishes the level by crossing a checkered finish line, if the player finished with 2 seconds on the end of the clock, the next level will play a small cutscene in which Luigi will jump onto the castle instead of Mario and the player has to fight Luigi instead.

Play the video at 1:18 to see the player finish and the cutscene.

I remember these both while playing New Super Mario Bros 2, which is odd.

RE: 2 Mario Ones. - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-20-2012 10:44 PM

(08-20-2012 10:43 PM)retrolinkx Wrote:  If I remember correctly, this also happens in New Super Mario Bros, but I could be wrong.

It does Smile

RE: 2 Mario Ones. - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-20-2012 10:51 PM

The second thing you posted is actually how you unlock Luigi. Not really a DYKG.

RE: 2 Mario Ones. - retrolinkx - 08-20-2012 10:55 PM

Ah damn, I thought it was more of a "play this many events" or "this many brawls" type of unlock.

But is the first one good?