Did You Know Gaming? Forums
This forum just isn't that great... - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: This forum just isn't that great... (/thread-1124.html)

Pages: 1 2

This forum just isn't that great... - agentkuo - 08-16-2012 03:36 PM

Am I the only one who wants a little more out of this forum? To me, it just seems...I dunno, slow, and unorganized, perhaps.

Like, I kind of feel a lot of the threads end up one-sided (where people are really just talking to themselves).

It's hard to pinpoint one or two reasons I feel this way, I guess I just want more from it. But I'm not entirely sure why or what would make it better.

Like, maybe it's just too broad, and the discussions are too open. Maybe there should be specific sub-forums for each console or each genre, rather than just one big, open gaming discussion that encompases every aspect of gaming. I dunno.

What do you guys think?

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-16-2012 04:40 PM

[Image: ngbbs4fceba4f8eb3c.jpg]

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Arjahn - 08-16-2012 05:42 PM

(08-16-2012 04:40 PM)SERIOUSLY THOUGH Wrote:  [Image: ngbbs4fceba4f8eb3c.jpg]

[Image: 1282766749980.jpg]

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Xannidel - 08-16-2012 09:37 PM

I just woke up but that still does not seem like a good idea because then you are separating people into groups which is something that shouldn't happen in this forum. It seems pretty good to me but I normally stick in to the video games threads and general thread so I am not really experiencing 100% of the forums.

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Beware of Cuccos - 08-16-2012 11:01 PM

I think it is fine the way it is for now. I'm sure that the more people that join, the more we'll get (sub-forums, etc.)

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - PikaPikari - 08-17-2012 02:20 AM

The Neopet boards had a lot of sub-forums.

that didn't make those any better.

:3

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Arjahn - 08-17-2012 02:30 AM

(08-17-2012 02:20 AM)PikaPikari Wrote:  The Neopet boards had a lot of sub-forums.

that didn't make those any better.

:3

[Image: 134492660601.jpg]

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Hexadecimal - 08-17-2012 02:52 AM

I like it the way it is; I make a habit of joining smaller forums because there's more of a sense of community since we can all get to know each other. I don't like bigger forums, like the ones on DA for example, where a million and one people are around to reply, none of which you'll remember or get to be friends with.

More activity would certainly be nice, but give it time; this forum has an excellent start so far. Since the Cheezburger Network is posting videos made by this site more people will join eventually. I just hope not too much of the more unsavory crowd.

As for organization, there's a suggestion thread if you have any ideas.

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - agentkuo - 08-17-2012 03:12 AM

(08-17-2012 02:52 AM)Hexadecimal Wrote:  I like it the way it is; I make a habit of joining smaller forums because there's more of a sense of community since we can all get to know each other.
I'm just not feeling like that's happening, though...Sad

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - A Zombie Riot - 08-17-2012 03:48 AM

I've been on hundreds of forums. We're such a small community anyways. Let's say some day we have like 5000 active (meaning there's 5000 posters posting daily, not just registered members) members, then yes, this place would need more sub-forums and such.

But right now, it's perfect.

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Skull Kid - 08-17-2012 10:29 AM

There are a lot of good people here... I hope they all like me.

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - zinja - 08-17-2012 03:40 PM

I like the forum just the way it is and I know/wish it'll be different in the future. Where's that choice?

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - retrolinkx - 08-17-2012 07:16 PM

This forum has just started out, of course it's going to seem one sided and inactive, in the future we'll be able to see about 5 threads per day, and about 1000 posts in a day.

Give it a year, if we can keep on with the facts and such, we could get a lot of members.

Just imagine if we ran out and had to close down the site and the forum...

It'd be like Beardy times 100000000

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - SpecialUnitt - 08-17-2012 11:03 PM

I think its good for a smaller forum. I dont have alot of time on my hands so I cant be on here all the time, but hell I'd like to get to know you guys.

RE: This forum just isn't that great... - Ouberry_13 - 08-17-2012 11:24 PM

I like smaller forums. Makes things seem less hectic, and you get to know the people a bit better, since there wouldn't be like 1000 people, making it impossible to understand how one specific person felt about a multitude of things.