Did You Know Gaming? Forums
The Music thread - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: The Music thread (/thread-1092.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The Music thread - cingchris - 09-11-2012 12:46 PM

Yeah I figured, they're the singles after all. I don't plan on buying the whole album or pirating it, for that matter, Korn has just never really been my style but these two songs are the exceptions, just like Before I Forget by Slipknot.

RE: The Music thread - cingchris - 09-21-2012 09:40 AM

Amazing.

RE: The Music thread - Snake3324 - 09-21-2012 12:05 PM

I swear every person who only listens to fun. for We Are Young and Some Nights I just want to hit them over the head with a truck, and if they haven't listened to The Gambler, I only want to hit them over the head with a BIGGER truck.

18 wheeler to be exact.

Seriously The Gambler is just amazing I'd totally sing it to woo a girl over. Any time. Any day. Any where.

Not to sound like a hipster on purpose, but I used to listen to fun. before they were cool.... ._.

I've also been recently getting hooked into Sigur Ros and I'm fairly enjoying it.

RE: The Music thread - BumblebeeCody - 09-22-2012 07:18 AM

@Snake3324
Sigur Ros are awesome. Haven't listened to them in years. Their music is emotional and beautiful.

Awesome songs from artists I've never heard of:

Indie style instrumental
Simple but awesome

Chillstep
Pretty powerful chorus, damn

Hiphop/instrumental
Why I love underground hiphop. Bloody genius modern beats with Chinese twist.

RE: The Music thread - scootypuffsenior - 10-02-2012 05:37 AM

This thread doesn't have enough good hip-hop

RE: The Music thread - Lalzar - 10-02-2012 02:01 PM

Nahh MORE METAL

RE: The Music thread - scootypuffsenior - 10-03-2012 12:17 AM

No.

RE: The Music thread - A Zombie Riot - 10-04-2012 06:49 PM

In a shocking turn of events. I actually liked Green Day's new album. I like the direction they took. I'm glad they basically went back to the pre-american idiot sound.

And I also listened to Three Days Grace's new album today. That was also great. Different direction than normal, but was still great.

The last album I have yet to listen to is Muse's The 2nd Law. Can't wait.

RE: The Music thread - BumblebeeCody - 10-05-2012 08:38 AM

@scootypuffsenior
Damn good list.
One of my fave J-live beats is this this

@Lalzar
How dare I!? I forgot about Grave Digger. Been a long time since I've listened to them. Big Grin bagpipe metal, love it.

@scootypuffysenior
You may(will) like. Effin' incredible instrumental! It's so damn good.

@Lalzar
You may like

@A Zombie Riot
Damn right. I've only heard a few songs from Uno BUT DAMN it's effin' awesome. Buying it when I get some munchas!

RE: The Music thread - A Zombie Riot - 10-05-2012 01:44 PM

(10-05-2012 08:38 AM)BumblebeeCody Wrote:  @A Zombie Riot
Damn right. I've only heard a few songs from Uno BUT DAMN it's effin' awesome. Buying it when I get some munchas!

I still think Kill The DJ is annoying. Seriously, here is the chorus in a nutshell.

"Someone kill the DJ. Someone f*** the DJ."

But I mean, other than that song, it's a great album and I'm surprised I liked it as much as I did.

I liked 21st Century Breakdown, but it got old pretty fast. Now there are only a few songs off that album that I enjoy. And majority of American Idiot just annoys me. Them going with the current sound they have now with UNO, it's fantastic. If they keep going this way, consider me a fan again of Green Day. All that I need is fro DOS and TRE to have the same sound as UNO (which I'm sure they will) and I'll be set.

RE: The Music thread - clickeddaisy - 10-10-2012 04:30 AM

I mostly listen to Rock like Guns N' Roses and japanese music like Utada Hikaru

RE: The Music thread - Symphony - 10-17-2012 06:43 AM

I'm currently in love with Stockholm debut album, Eyes in the Dark.
They released it for free and damn it's amazing.
Just like they say, they're an indie rock band with 80s influence. And this means they avoid slow ballads most of the time (the one thing I hate about indie music). So, for my ears, they managed to create 11 amazing songs.

My personal favorite:

RE: The Music thread - BumblebeeCody - 10-22-2012 09:56 PM

@Symphony
Not bad not bad. Will listen to 'em more Big Grin (That singer seems to be loving himself ha!) And that asian madam.....[Image: Kreygasm.png]

Only heard of this band recently. But damn.....

This is one of those instrumentals that makes you feel good(From a small time artist). Relaxing, beautiful and nothing to over the top. Definitely worth listening to. (And as you can tell a lot of people who watch Team Spooky from Twitch will know this).

RE: The Music thread - A Zombie Riot - 10-29-2012 04:12 AM

Has anyone listened to Stone Sour's new album yet?

I did, and I freaking love it. So much better than Audio Secrecy.

RE: The Music thread - BumblebeeCody - 10-30-2012 06:14 AM

(10-29-2012 04:12 AM)A Zombie Riot Wrote:  Has anyone listened to Stone Sour's new album yet?

I did, and I freaking love it. So much better than Audio Secrecy.

Haven't listened to them? What should I check out of theirs(Some of their best)?

Might I interest you in real rap music from the U.K? (Forget that well known American crap with subjects like: Hookers, guns and fast cars).
Well worth checking out if you give it a simple click.
(Chose this video because there are no official videos for the song but the video suits it fine)
Lazy Habits - The Bulletin

Dizzee Rascal is hard to not like. He uses rap but adds a nice house/dance groove to his music.

and

Rita Ora has a great voice. This is an awesome drum n bass track