Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Adventure Time! - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: General (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Adventure Time! (/thread-1080.html)

Adventure Time! - Xannidel - 08-12-2012 11:52 PM

I am curious as to who here watches this show because I noticed on Amazon there is a 3DS game coming soon and I am just not sure what the show is about but a lot of preteens/teens like the show apparently and so I ask you all, who here watches it?

RE: Adventure Time! - Nuudoru - 08-13-2012 12:01 AM

I watched a couple of seasons. Now I feel no reason to pick it up since it just seems to be a lot of shipping with Finn and princesses. Ugh.

The 3DS game seems and looks amazing. I will probably get it.

RE: Adventure Time! - agentkuo - 08-13-2012 01:24 AM

It's a pretty good show. I'm wondering how many people here were fans of it before it actually aired on Cartoon Network. Because long before that, I watched the pilot episode. Same with Regular Show.

I wish they would do more crossover episodes with Fionna and Cake.

RE: Adventure Time! - DHXIII - 08-13-2012 01:37 AM

It's actually really enjoyable. Not much else to say aside from it's a great cartoon that I watch from time to time. Smile

RE: Adventure Time! - Zaliphone - 08-13-2012 04:12 AM

I've never watched it but I've heard such great things about it. And I probably would like it.
I'll probably end up getting the game anyway, it looks amazing.

RE: Adventure Time! - Mr.Katana - 08-13-2012 04:18 AM

I like the show. Always has a nice sense of humor from time to time.

RE: Adventure Time! - Hexadecimal - 08-13-2012 07:50 AM

I watch it if I happen to catch it on TV, but I don't like it enough to pick it up since it's crazy how I can really like some episodes and others I just find so stupid.

The characters are all really neat, though, and I'm glad they're not afraid to go really out there with the ideas. Although I must say I was shocked at how sad the Ice King origin story was. It made him my favorite character after Marceline.

RE: Adventure Time! - Mass Distraction - 02-12-2013 05:30 AM

Mother of God YES! Love the show! The backstory in that is surprisingly deep and some of the episodes are rather disturbing.

I wish they ported the game to Europe, though... I need to get one on eBay. Those games aren't region locked, right? Wayforward makes some awesome games.

RE: Adventure Time! - Psychospacecow - 02-12-2013 02:27 PM

I like the show, haven't followed it well, but its fun to watch with my younger brother and get the many jokes he won't understand for a couple years.

RE: Adventure Time! - Mass Distraction - 02-13-2013 11:16 PM

That deer wanted our sugar but we didn't give him any, if you know what I mean.

RE: Adventure Time! - MexicanAnime - 03-12-2013 04:58 AM

Should get back to watching this as I stopped somewhere around the third season. You have to give credit to the creator being so creative in making it's fun (and somewhat dark) universe and its quirky characters.

Marceline is my favorite character by the way.

RE: Adventure Time! - Berry - 03-12-2013 06:46 AM

I watch it only ONCE,and it was an episode about a Pancake dude wanting to be a Princess but ended up committing suicide and i change the channel at that point...

RE: Adventure Time! - Arjahn - 03-12-2013 07:21 AM

Eh, I know a lot of people love it, but I never really cared much for it. The animation is really good, and if any of you have watched Bravest Warriors, which is made by the same people and I do in fact love, you'll know that these guys know what they're doing, but Adventure Time just never really got me hooked.

RE: Adventure Time! - Ouberry_13 - 03-12-2013 08:22 AM

I can understand, Arjahn (huh, your name 'correction' come up as Arjuna, who is some kind of Hindu god/hero). I never really got into Young Justice. Good animation and nice stories, but not my kind of show. Also, Bravest Warriors is pretty damn good, though I do kinda wish they could make longer episodes.

RE: Adventure Time! - Arjahn - 03-12-2013 08:48 AM

(03-12-2013 08:22 AM)Ouberry_13 Wrote:  I can understand, Arjahn (huh, your name 'correction' come up as Arjuna, who is some kind of Hindu god/hero). I never really got into Young Justice. Good animation and nice stories, but not my kind of show. Also, Bravest Warriors is pretty damn good, though I do kinda wish they could make longer episodes.

FAST FACT! I actually got my username for everything from my friend's Dungeons and Dragons character, he found it in the Player's Handbook under "recommended names", so yeah, pretty original sheet right there.

Also, yeah the length is sort of irritating, but it works pretty well and prevents episodes from getting too repetitive or drawn out. Also, I like how each episode is so vastly different from the others, it has sort of an Avatar the Last Airbender thing where each episode is on its own tangent of a larger story, I really like when shows can pull this off.