Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+----- Forum: Rejected Submissions (/forum-20.html)
+----- Thread: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (/thread-1066.html)

Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - A Zombie Riot - 08-11-2012 06:17 PM

In Grand Theft Auto III, the main character doesn't have a name and doesn't talk. It was later revealed in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (set 9 years before the events of III) that the characters name was actually Claude.

You get to know Claude in GTA: SA from your ex-girlfriend, Catalina. Who ends up dating Claude and start the events of GTA III.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-11-2012 06:29 PM

Not having played GTA:III, when this came up, I just thought "meh", not knowing what had just happened.

I'm surprised that the player's name is never mentionned during the whole of GTA:III - How do people refer to him ?

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - A Zombie Riot - 08-11-2012 06:37 PM

I don't know, actually. Now that I think about it. It's making me wonder.

Probably just GTA 3 Guy or something. Weird.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - DidYouKnowGaming - 08-13-2012 05:23 AM

I've seen this mentioned before. I was surprised by how many secrets and Easter eggs are in the GTA series. I knew there was a lot, but the actual amount is insane.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - A Zombie Riot - 08-13-2012 05:32 AM

I know, it's pretty crazy.I love the GTA series though and all the mysteries behind them.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - retrolinkx - 08-13-2012 06:04 AM

The girlfriend he gets, is apparently the same one that betrays him at the start of the game.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - A Zombie Riot - 08-13-2012 06:09 AM

(08-13-2012 06:04 AM)retrolinkx Wrote:  The girlfriend he gets, is apparently the same one that betrays him at the start of the game.

Yep, she is. Because San Andreas is set 9 years before Grand Theft Auto III.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - SERIOUSLY THOUGH - 08-14-2012 12:14 AM

To be fair, one shouldn't place one's desires on Catalina. She all kinds of crazy.

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Sohakmet - 08-14-2012 03:57 AM

^this

RE: Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - A Zombie Riot - 08-14-2012 04:03 AM

If CJ actually had a chance to sit down and talk to Claude, I'm pretty sure CJ would've warned Claude of the evil that is Catalina.