Did You Know Gaming? Forums
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Printable Version

+- Did You Know Gaming? Forums (https://dykg.vgfacts.com)
+-- Forum: Did You Know Gaming? (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions and Help (/forum-3.html)
+---- Forum: Submit a Did You Know? (/forum-13.html)
+----- Forum: Successful Submissions. (/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Marvel vs Capcom 3 (/thread-1048.html)

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - BumblebeeCody - 08-10-2012 10:49 AM

When Marvel vs Capcom 3 came out, a Global-Trance and Krisan Thyme (of SRK) found code which displayed the names of Frank West and Doctor Octopus...
[Image: 194193-DocOckFrankWest.jpg]
...meaning at one point Doctor Octopus was going to be a part of the roster at the time.

Obviously when UMvC3 came out Frank West made it into the final game but DocOck didn't.
[Image: FrankWest.png]

Edit:
(As of 5 hours ago)
Niitsuma stated that Blade was also considered at some point.

More on DocOck
Quote:Niitsuma: We were trying to avoid the color green.... just kidding. Elements involving the Spider-man universe are delicate, and Dr. Octopus was considered before Green Goblin was.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/aug/12/niitsuma-blade-was-candidate-mvc3-dr-octopus-green-goblin/#c383438

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - LJSTAR - 08-10-2012 11:44 AM

Waow, that kinda interesting, but all there is about "Dr Octopus" is the name right there ? Or is there any files like model, texture or whatever also left in ? But anyway, nice one !

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Scormac - 08-11-2012 03:10 AM

Aaw D: Dr octopus would be awesome

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - DrZaius - 08-11-2012 08:46 AM

You know... I actually heard a long time ago, even before the games came out, that Dr. Octopus was going to be in it. The rest of the rumored characters eventually showed up.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - BumblebeeCody - 08-13-2012 09:03 AM

(08-11-2012 08:46 AM)DrZaius Wrote:  You know... I actually heard a long time ago, even before the games came out, that Dr. Octopus was going to be in it. The rest of the rumored characters eventually showed up.

Yeah indeed. Just added more about it (from a recent interview).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Chiappini92 - 08-15-2012 10:10 AM

Doc Ock is my favorite Spider-Man villain. I got mad at the fact that they didnt implement Venom or Mega-Man, both of which were my favorite team in the original. Than in the second I played as them and added Shuma-Gorath onto my team. In the 3rd they took out two and charged 5 bucks for the last one. They wanted to implement Eddie Brock Venom originally but at the Marvel universe at the time, Eddie and Venom seperated long ago and Eddie had since became Anti-Venom which Marvel requested in the game. Arguably, Anti-Venom would have been an amazing addition to the game and could have surpassed the original so easily and fit in quite good with the rest of the roster.